Gibson Brands Forums

The Dual Lock Pedalboard Kit

Ryan H

Was never happy with the Velcro that came with my Pedaltrain Jr.

Everything sticks to it, including hair, dust, carpet...it's annoying. It also isn't very secure, as all my pedals wobbled slightly on it, and ripped off the board fairly easily.

It isn't durable either, as fibers from the "carpet" side get ripped up every time you remove a pedal.

And one of the biggest problems...heat. Leave that pedalboard in the trunk of your car or the back seat on a hot summer day, and you'll have a real mess to clean up when you return.

Enter, the Dual Lock Pedalboard Kit.

http://kiesshauer.com/stuff.html

KeVPTuh.png

(Yes there are two there; I bought one for a good friend who has had bad experiences with Velcro)

This nice guy named Ryan Kiesshauer put together Dual Lock kits for every size of Pedaltrain. He can also do custom sizes, and sells extra 3 foot lengths if you need them.

What's Dual Lock? It's like Velcro 2.0. It's plastic, and it locks by using thousands of very tiny "mushroom-like" hooks. When two pieces of Dual Lock are pressed together, these "mushrooms" push past eachother, and then hook on to eachother. There's a very satisfying "click/snap" and your pedals are not moving. Not even the slightest.

It solves all the problems i mentioned with Velcro:

Only Dual Lock sticks to Dual Lock. Yes, dirt and such can still collect in little crevices, but since it's plastic, you can just rinse it or blow it clean with compressed air.

No wobble. It's as if the pedals are screwed down.

It can take having pedals removed and replaced constantly with no fibers to rip off.

The adhesive on it is rated up to 200F (90C).

It securely holds 4 pounds per square inch.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement for the guy's product. I'm not being paid or compensated for writing this; It's just exceeded every expectation I had. I'm officially anti-Velcro :P

-Ryan

(Obligatory pic of the board. Signal path is: Guitar->Tubular Mods Big Toe->Tubular Mods modded TS9->JHS Angry Charlie->ZVex Super Duper 2-in-1->Ibanez AD-99->JCM800)

Mbahni8.png

Archived