Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone AJ 12 E NA??

Bogiedr

Hi, newbie here! About to pull the trigger on a pre loved Epiphone. Owner says it is model AJ 12E NA ... I can't find the model number anywhere. Does it even exist? Thanks,

Bogiedr

there used to be a AJ-2812-SE. Could be that.

Thank you Wiggy.

Dude is asking $40. I guess it is worth it based on the information you provided. Going to see it, let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Bogiedr

Man - for $40 - if it tunes up and the neck is basically straight it's worth the money!

I have an Epiphone AJ 12 VS in my collection. The AJ 12 was a model made for and sold by Sam Ash Music, circa 2002/3 from my recollection and understanding. Mine is a vintage sunburst finish, thus the VS. The one you're looking into is a natural finish, thus the NA. I assume the E in the model you describe means the acoustic guitar also has built in electronics. The AJ 12 was a model similar to the AJ 10, but a step higher. For sure the AJ12 is a laminated top guitar, not solid wood. On a positive note, it is X braced. The AJ12 is a nice looking and playing guitar for a low end instrument. Their select wood top sounds pretty good for fingerpicking, but defininaty for strumming it lacks the full sound and volume of a jumbo size guitar it's size if it was solid wood. They have great finishes and their necks have a very good vintage shape and vibe to them. A bone or tusk saddle to replace its original plastic saddle helps the instrument. It's a good beginner or beach guitar or practice guitar. I like mine a lot, but always wished it had a solid top to make it an even better guitar.

Hope this helps.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I have an AJ100 which is on loan to a mate's son which is probably very siliar. To be honest there was a great sound from it for such a cheap laminated guitar. I sanded the thick Lacquer off and the sound improved more. Very comfortable to play as well - for $40 (especially if it has a pick up) it would be a steal IMO - any guitar at that price is worth going for.

Archived