Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt DR-500P ANGH

mgrasso

This is a quick one.

DR-500P

Only 4 hours left sitting at $300 including gig bag.

Not a bad price range.

One thing that baffles me is the ANGH after the model number.

I imagine AN is for Antique Natural, but GH?

Great Hardwood?msp_glare.gif

Gibson Hummingbird?msp_scared.gif

Go Home?msp_tongue.gif

This is a quick one.

DR-500P

Not a bad price range.

Go Home?msp_tongue.gif

Gold Hardware.

This is a quick one.

DR-500P

Not a bad price range.

Go Home?msp_tongue.gif

GH gold hardware, but P Is the maple designation not mahogany. Nice guitar though wonder what it sounds like

Also, it doesn't have a Masterbilt soundhole label--standard label. I wonder if it was a prototype or very early example.

Red 333

It was a nice looking guitar but there a couple of things. It had the masterbuilt neck inlays. and the guy selling it should have known the difference between maple and mahogany

I wonder if it was a prototype or very early example.

That would make sense, since it seems to be an '03, and (according to one source) Epiphone began "reissuing" the Masterbilt line in 2004.

So the P's for maple. Yeah, I guess M was taken.

That would make sense, since it seems to be an '03, and (according to one source) Epiphone began "reissuing" the Masterbilt line in 2004.

So the P's for maPle. Yeah, I guess M was taken.

No Really DR500P is a maple bodied masterbuilt wish I had one.

Also, it doesn't have a Masterbilt soundhole label--standard label. I wonder if it was a prototype or very early example.

Red 333

Good catch Red. I had completely missed the label difference and that it was an 03.

Still, with one of our members just spending over $700 for one on e-bay recently, even with the slight markings, $300 with gig bag is a great price for this guitar.

It was a nice looking guitar but there a couple of things. It had the masterbuilt neck inlays. and the guy selling it should have known the difference between maple and mahogany

Yeah, but for a trucker using it to pacify long nights on the road, he probably never paid any attention to what the guitar was actually made of.

I know it always puzzled me why they used a P for Maple. I understand the M for Mahogany, but an MP, MA or even better - DR-500 Maple NS would have workedrolleyes.gif

Yeah, but for a trucker using it to pacify long nights on the road, he probably never paid any attention to what the guitar was actually made of.

I know it always puzzled me why they used a P for Maple. I understand the M for Mahogany, but an MP, MA or even better - DR-500 Maple NS would have workedrolleyes.gif

And so goes the epiphone letter designation. Does anyone Know what these mean? MC, MR

Archived