Gibson Brands Forums

17 Guitars Stolen from home in Springfield TN

L8_4thesh0w

a '62 BC Rich Mockingbird,

Sorry for his "alleged" loss, but something smells fishy here. First, there is no such thing as a '62 Mockingbird, the BC Rich company wasn't even founded until 1969.

$30,000 worth of guitars? I certainly don't see the math adding up for the photos in the news story, or see many "high-end" guitars.

And last but not least...... $30,000 worth of guitars "STORED IN THE GARAGE". Is there anyone here (or anywhere) that stores any of their guitars in the f'ing garage. Come on now! Stupid is as stupid does.

He doesn't seem to distraught about the loss, or the insurance claim. Especially since he went on TV to declare what a "Professional" guitarist he was, which means his homeowners insurance won't cover the loss (musical instruments for "professional use" are NOT covered by a homeowners policy).

He lost his pride and joy "Warmoth"?. This is a "parts" guitar, maybe a $500 "investment", but he doesn't whine about the Les Pauls or double-neck.

This has all the markings of a publicity stunt and/or insurance fraud!

...something smells fishy here. First, there is no such thing as a '62 Mockingbird, the BC Rich company wasn't even founded until 1969.

$30,000 worth of guitars? I certainly don't see the math adding up for the photos in the news story, or see many "high-end" guitars...

I wondered about that date as soon as I read the piece but I'm guessing it's a typo/mis-reporting error of some sort. The article also says;

"...17 guitars including a Gibson and five Les Pauls..."

Sounds like the piece was written by someone doesn't know their Axe from their elbow. Perhaps they meant an '82 Mockingbird?

As far as the value goes;

I've no idea about prices in his neighbourhood, of course, but $30,000 equates to roughly £17,500 - so that's an average of just slightly over £1k for each guitar (and that's not taking the scrambler 'bike nor the ipad into consideration).

An EDS-1275 in the UK costs just shy of £3k ($5k) on its own so if we add in Five Les Pauls; the Explorer and the various Fenders and so on I can see a s/h value of £17k being possible. In the UK, that is.

I hope he gets them back. As Riffster says, some of them will be pretty easy to spot.

P.

Sorry for his "alleged" loss, but something smells fishy here. First, there is no such thing as a '62 Mockingbird, the BC Rich company wasn't even founded until 1969.

$30,000 worth of guitars? I certainly don't see the math adding up for the photos in the news story, or see many "high-end" guitars.

And last but not least...... $30,000 worth of guitars "STORED IN THE GARAGE". Is there anyone here (or anywhere) that stores any of their guitars in the f'ing garage. Come on now! Stupid is as stupid does.

He doesn't seem to distraught about the loss, or the insurance claim. Especially since he went on TV to declare what a "Professional" guitarist he was, which means his homeowners insurance won't cover the loss (musical instruments for "professional use" are NOT covered by a homeowners policy).

He lost his pride and joy "Warmoth"?. This is a "parts" guitar, maybe a $500 "investment", but he doesn't whine about the Les Pauls or double-neck.

This has all the markings of a publicity stunt and/or insurance fraud!

See...I didn't know about BC Rich guitars and that is exactly why I hoped it might catch the attention of some of you experts!

Maybe it was a '72 and the reports got it wrong. As far as the garage goes... I bet there are a few that have a window air conditioner.

I also considered it kind of strange but for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I really liked what the guitar store owner said in the second report.

[Marlin Rood, the owner of Springfield Guitars said it isn’t uncommon for people to offer him stolen guitars.

“It’s not a big deal. I just calmly walk over, lock the doors and call the cops,”]

Neighborhood Meth-Heads most likely [mad]

Show,

When we lived outside Music city in the Sumner county woods,we had 4 differing layers of security.

First layer was a gaggle of 4 geese.

Second layer was 2 Rottweilers w.2 African Greys for back-up.

The Third layer was the wifes Remington 870's.

The fourth layer we won't discuss.

But it ain't a vase.

Recall George Harrison beating off thieves,it was with a vase wasn't it ?

I detest thievery,thieves.

X

Show,

When we lived outside Music city in the Sumner county woods,we had 4 differing layers of security.

First layer was a gaggle of 4 geese.

Second layer was 2 Rottweilers w.2 African Greys for back-up.

The Third layer was the wifes Remington 870's.

The fourth layer we won't discuss.

But it ain't a vase.

Recall George Harrison beating off thieves,it was with a vase wasn't it ?

I detest thievery,thieves.

X

How far were you from Old Hickory Lake? I was 2-3 miles away in 3 directions when I lived in Hendersonville from age 4 to age 21!

How far were you from Old Hickory Lake? I was 2-3 miles away in 3 directions when I lived in Hendersonville from age 4 to age 21!

L8 4;

Hey we were up in BethPage,just over the hill from WhiteHouse,WestMoreland area.

17 acres of beautiful rolling,wooded MiddleTennessee farm land.

Man,on Sundays sometimes, we would drive down by O.H. lake past Cash's home there,up off the lake by Conway's Yellow Colonial estate.

My ex's wife's daddy was the head of ASCAP in Music city back in the day.

I really miss that slice of heaven just above Gallatin.

Geese,Dawgs,Chickens Horses, man life was da best !!

Thanks for asking mate.

Cheers,

X

L8 4;

Hey we were up in BethPage,just over the hill from WhiteHouse,WestMoreland area.

17 acres of beautiful rolling,wooded MiddleTennessee farm land.

Man,on Sundays sometimes, we would drive down by O.H. lake past Cash's home there,up off the lake by Conway's Yellow Colonial estate.

My ex's wife's daddy was the head of ASCAP in Music city back in the day.

I really miss that slice of heaven just above Gallatin.

Geese,Dawgs,Chickens Horses, man life was da best !!

Thanks for asking mate.

Cheers,

X

A cousin my age moved up there for a while after he got married the 1st time. His house was on a road that ran north across 52 a few miles east of Portland.

I think there was a little store near there. 2 of his older brothers kind of gravitated in that direction later as well.

Hendersonville is double the size it was when I left in '82. When we first moved there in '64 we went rabbit hunting straight out the back door.

Except for the old neighborhoods the place doesn't look or feel the same anymore.

Other than Class Reunions and funerals I rarely get out that way these days.

Lots of good memories for me though, hangin' at the lake all summer.

I'm not far from the mouth of the Harpeth R. on Cheatham Lake now. Out in the country!

Regards-

Archived