Gibson Brands Forums

What the heck is this beautiful sparkle Custom Shop?

alexthegreat404

Hey folks! Love my SJ 100 but put it up on craigslist for a trade just to see what is out there (doesn't mean I would actually pull the trigger). Anyways, I got a response and the guy sent me this attached picture. He says its a custom shop, made with 1958 specs, and only 10 in each color were made. I could wait for more info but I just have to know! I have never seen a Les Paul like this, let alone an r8. Any idea what it is, what other colors were in the line, what year it is, etc?

Thanks!

post-33996-097477100 1406308527_thumb.jpg

Yup.. Custom Shop LP Red Sparkle, its a real thing :).. if you can get the serial number and some shots of the headstock back and front and full body shots back and front and then send that to Gibson Customer Service they will let you know more about it.

Theres a thread on it here

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/770-gibson-les-paul-standard-sparkle-custom-shop-true-or-false/

That's a beautiful Guitar, I would hop all over that ****!!!

They also made a Silver sparkle, and a multi sparkle, which is mostly silver but also has purple, blue and mirror sparkles mixed in, plus they made a creme sparkle as well. They are all some of my favorite Les Pauls and someday I will own one!!!

Archived