Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul DC

Kenny V

I have been looking for a pristine Gibson Les Paul double cut guitar for a few years now and Friday afternoon, I got a call from my local Sam Ash store guitar manager. He informs me that the store just got a DC in. I meander over to the store to try out the DC. Well, the guitar is not a used one, but a band new one. The build date is 07/22/2014. There is a 120th Anniversary fret block marker on the 12th fret. The sales manager tells me it's a limited edition DC that only comes in a trans red, which looks very much like an orange burst color to my eyes. The guitar is beautiful and plays and sounds fantastic. There is no information about the guitar on the Gibson web site. Has anyone heard about this limited edition DC and how many will be made? I am not sure why Gibson stopped making the DC. Since I retired seven weeks ago, I decided to give myself a retirement gift, so I purchased the guitar. I will try to post photos sometime on Saturday.

Kenny V

I have been looking for a pristine Gibson Les Paul double cut guitar for a few years now and Friday afternoon, I got a call from my local Sam Ash store guitar manager. He informs me that the store just got a DC in. I meander over to the store to try out the DC. Well, the guitar is not a used one, but a band new one. The build date is 07/22/2014. There is a 120th Anniversary fret block marker on the 12th fret. The sales manager tells me it's a limited edition DC that only comes in a trans red, which looks very much like an orange burst color to my eyes. The guitar is beautiful and plays and sounds fantastic. There is no information about the guitar on the Gibson web site. Has anyone heard about this limited edition DC and how many will be made? I am not sure why Gibson stopped making the DC. Since I retired seven weeks ago, I decided to give myself a retirement gift, so I purchased the guitar. I will try to post photos sometime on Saturday.

Kenny V

Are you talking about one of these?

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/gibson_les_paul_classic_double_cutaway_translucent_red.asp

LP Double Cut Classic..

GIBLPCDCTRCH1b_zpse32a49f4.jpg

Man I want that guitar so bad.. I don't know why Gibson doesn't make them a regular production model, the are so awesome.. Basically whenever they come out they sell out and no one knows when the next run will be, it may be six months, it may be several years.. So grab it while you can I say [thumbup]

Are you talking about one of these?

http://www.richtonem...slucent_red.asp

LP Double Cut Classic..

GIBLPCDCTRCH1b_zpse32a49f4.jpg

Man I want that guitar so bad.. I don't know why Gibson doesn't make them a regular production model, the are so awesome.. Basically whenever they come out they sell out and no one knows when the next run will be, it may be six months, it may be several years.. So grab it while you can I say [thumbup]

That's the whole Idea, These don't sell as much as the regular les paul model, so if they release them in limited runs, speratically, then they are guaranteed to sell what they make, and not end up with a bunch sitting in stores for extended periods of time. I have been drooling over one of these for quite a few years already. One of these days I will bite the bullet and buy one.

t end up with a bunch sitting in stores for extended periods of time.

Well, if we were talkin' 'bout woods...I would say that, back in the days, stocking woods for a long period of time was the way to go for naturally aging them [thumbup]

1406502361[/url]' post='1546258']

Well, if we were talkin' 'bout woods...I would say that, back in the days, stocking woods for a long period of time was the way to go for naturally aging them [thumbup]

Well I meant more that gibson didn't want guitars just sitting on the shelf for long periods of time, if they release them in limited runs, they are garaunteed to sell out of stores .

Thanks for the info. I believe I have attached a picture of my new guitar.

Kenny V

What the... This is an awesome top with an amazingly gorgeous flame - congrats on this fine guitar, Kenny, HNGD! [thumbup]

Love the orange colour, too. There's a single cut Les Paul in my arsenal with a finish they called transparent orange looking quite the same. [biggrin][thumbup]

Well I meant more that gibson didn't want guitars just sitting on the shelf for long periods of time, if they release them in limited runs, they are garaunteed to sell out of stores .

Yeah, I understood [thumbup]

(In fact, I put the conditional)

I don't really think that they would sit in stores for years..

Those limited runs are... too limited. I'm going crazy to find a Double Cut special [bored]

So nice, I wish they made a "studio" version of the double cut... That would be an amazing hard working instrument :)

They have...

You got the faded special

big20gibson20les20paul20dc20fadedDSCN8859_zps1cb036c6.jpg

And the DC studio

gib98lpdc-studio-csb_zps5ca14a52.jpg

And some other models over the years... :)

They have...

You got the faded special

big20gibson20les20paul20dc20fadedDSCN8859_zps1cb036c6.jpg

And the DC studio

gib98lpdc-studio-csb_zps5ca14a52.jpg

And some other models over the years... :)

Rabs... quit posting pictures. This stuff is keeping me awake at night. Grrrr... [cursing]

Dude - you're killing me [biggrin][lol]

Congrats Kenny! On your retirement and your beautiful new DC! [thumbup]

Rabs... quit posting pictures. This stuff is keeping me awake at night. Grrrr... [cursing]

Dude - you're killing me [biggrin][lol]

Congrats Kenny! On your retirement and your beautiful new DC! [thumbup]

Quapman accused me of the same thing when I post the new models in the Lounge... And I will say the same thing to you that I said to him..

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I believe I have attached a picture of my new guitar.

Kenny V

Very sharp!

I too am a fan of these Double Cuts and suspect I will eventually get one... I think 2011 was a good year for them too if memory serves correct...

They had a Goldtop that was pretty terrific too!

I'm also interested in a Doublecut Les Paul Junior single pickup in TV Yellow for a slide axe...

But I like the flame top finishes on them too...

Archived