Gibson Brands Forums

P-94R for 2005 Gibson Les Paul Studio faded brown

Periklis

Hello

I recently purchased a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Studio faded brown. I want to install the P-94R (neck). I'll keep the bridge pickup. Does anybody know if i have to do something with the rest of the electronics or just install & solder the P-94R ?

Thank you

You should just have to unsolder the hot and the ground and take the pup out you no longer want to use and reinstall the new one and solder the hot and ground back to where the original wires were. Easy. I think it is a single coil so you will probably get some 60hz hum.

I see. Thank you very much for reply ! If i face some 'problem' i might ask your help again if it doesn't bother you !

regards

You should just have to unsolder the hot and the ground and take the pup out you no longer want to use and reinstall the new one and solder the hot and ground back to where the original wires were. Easy. I think it is a single coil so you will probably get some 60hz hum.

Hello again.

I finally installed the P-94R (easy to find the correct polarity by checking the middle position sound) but i don't have the full clarity of the P-94R. I have some treble loss i guess. I have the famous tone of the pup but without the full clarity. (my neck burstbucker were more clear sounding). You have any idea on what is going on here ?

friendly

regards

P.

hard to guess at this..

what about the pots for that pup,, are they still 500k?

yes and there's a capacitor too.

Actually the combination is extremely good gives the ability of a more versatile guitar. It covers all the area from jazz-rock to a Peter Greenish thin/rich sweet sound. But still the P-94R misses some highs ! I was wondering if this is about pots or even capacitor (there's one in neck and one on bridge pots)

The P-94R is more 'weak' in volume terms by itself so when i lover it i have volume loss as well in combination with the humbucker. So i found a good balance between them except the high frequencies (trebles) or the P-94R. I know this pup has a bit more trebles.

Try swapping the black and white lead and see if it sounds better.

I did that and i got an out-of-phase sound in the middle position. So i end up finding what sounds best but still i have some high frequencies (treble) loss of the P-94R.

Archived