Gibson Brands Forums

Rich Robinson ES-335

Crowey

Gidday all, I was wondering if anybody here has had a noodle on the new Rich Robinson 335?

I've got first dibs on one coming into my local shop, but I was just curious as I figure it might already be out there in the US.

Whilst I appreciate that at the end of the day its how if feels in my own hands, and how I like the sound, but other's opinions can be useful/helpful.

It looks like a really versatile guitar, easily capable of playing the type of music I really love - Hooker, Gov't Mule, Alvin Lee, Cream-era Clapton, (obviously) Black Crowes, etc.

And I use a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special, which I think would be a pretty good amp for such a guitar - again some feedback on that would be cool.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to any feedback you all might throw my way.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you've got yours yet but I got one a week ago and I've come to the conclusion that Gibson Really got this one right! Mine was hanging in a local Sam Ash and when I saw it, I freaked! It had every thing I wanted in a 335. When I played it, it was even better. The wider nut makes a huge difference! The burstbuckers IMO are a better fit than the 57 classics that usally come in 335s. I don't normally like VOS and fake aging but I'm a fan of the way they did this one! The color is EXACTLY like the ones I remember in the 60s. I traded my 12 year old regular 335 w Grovers on it and no regrets at all!

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know if you've got yours yet but I got one a week ago and I've come to the conclusion that Gibson Really got this one right! Mine was hanging in a local Sam Ash and when I saw it, I freaked! It had every thing I wanted in a 335. When I played it, it was even better. The wider nut makes a huge difference! The burstbuckers IMO are a better fit than the 57 classics that usally come in 335s. I don't normally like VOS and fake aging but I'm a fan of the way they did this one! The color is EXACTLY like the ones I remember in the 60s. I traded my 12 year old regular 335 w Grovers on it and no regrets at all!

Thanks for the feedback mate - I put mine on layby not long after posting this; and I make the last payment next week and will pick it up next Friday.

Can't wait, its #181, and I feel blessed to have been able to get my hands on one.

Archived