Gibson Brands Forums

Pulled the trigger on a Gibby J200

duane v

After trying out acoustic guitars for over a month I just couldn't find anything that could touch the Gibson J200.... Didn't like paying $3800 though lol...., but I just couldnt find any acoustic that had the tone and feel of the J200, and I tried Taylor, Martin's, Breedlove, Larivee and Guild.....

I should have it by Wednesday.... Below is the exact guitar I'll be getting from Zzounds

j200_zps01010428.jpg

j2002_zpsa47ce98f.jpg

Congrats.

The guitar that has been in the house the longest is a 1960 J-200. Had it so long I do not recall not having it. Funny thing is I fell out of love with it many years ago. It would have been long gone but my wife is absolutely crazy about that guitar and will not let it go for anything. The local music shop has offered her Martin D-28s, Taylor 800s and 900s (all with cash thrown in) and others and she would have none of it. About as good a testimonial as I have seen.

Congrats on a beautiful beast!!!

I've had mine for 4 months now....still have to play and look at it everyday. That's the thing. There is almost as much joy in looking at it as there is in playing and hearing it.

There is a reason they are called "King of the flattops"!

Archived