Gibson Brands Forums

What Firebird V year has fattest neck and best quality year?

lesterpaul

I can only chime in on 3 examples for 3 years: 2005, 2007 and 2013. Of the three, the 2013 has the roundest neck profile, the 05 and 07 were shallow but wide.

If you're looking for baseball bat 50s style neck I don't think you'll find it on a Firebird. The Lucille's neck is pretty stout, the 335 Fat Neck is like a war club and my 2005(?) Les Paul Studio has a rather fat neck as well.

I can only chime in on 3 examples for 3 years: 2005, 2007 and 2013. Of the three, the 2013 has the roundest neck profile, the 05 and 07 were shallow but wide.

If you're looking for baseball bat 50s style neck I don't think you'll find it on a Firebird. The Lucille's neck is pretty stout, the 335 Fat Neck is like a war club and my 2005(?) Les Paul Studio has a rather fat neck as well.

i might need to check out a few 335's ,always liked them..i will still try to hunt down a firebird, that 72 always just sort of fit me, thanks for that

My 09 CS FB V has a very fat neck. It's definitely a love/dislike thing.

i have been lookin and if i need to go the ebay route i want to cut my chances of gettin one that i will end up re-selling if the neck sucks...fat is where it's at !!!! [thumbup]

thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived