Gibson Brands Forums

JIMI: All Is By My Side Official Trailer

Rabs

I would strongly suggest not to support this film.

The people behind it were not given the blessing of the Hendrix Estate, due to how poorly they portrayed Hendrix at various points (supposedly showing him violently beating his girlfriend at one point; something she confirms never happened). As a result, the movie will have no Hendrix music in it; just songs he performed in the mid 60's before he released his first album.

If you want to see an authentic biopic of Hendrix, look out for the film titled "Jimi", which was announced a little while ago...the script has received the blessing of the Hendrix Estate, and so they have permission to use All of Jimi's music. A very promising looking cast too (from what I've read). Not a ton of info out there about it, but just search "Jimi Anthony Mackie" (Mackie will be playing Jimi) and you should find some results.

-Ryan

The people behind it were not given the blessing of the Hendrix Estate, due to how poorly they portrayed Hendrix at various points (supposedly showing him violently beating his girlfriend at one point; something she confirms never happened). As a result, the movie will have no Hendrix music in it; just songs he performed in the mid 60's before he released his first album.

If you want to see an authentic biopic of Hendrix, look out for the film titled "Jimi", which was announced a little while ago...the script has received the blessing of the Hendrix Estate, and so they have permission to use All of Jimi's music. A very promising looking cast too (from what I've read). Not a ton of info out there about it, but just search "Jimi Anthony Mackie" (Mackie will be playing Jimi) and you should find some results.

-Ryan

Opps ... forgot to answer this one.

Yeah I have heard all about that and been following this film from when it first started production.

And I have a different take on it.. I think that Janie wanted too much, from what I have heard of her shes a bit of a money grabbing control freak who cuts the rest of Jimi's family out.. I would bet that she demanded certain things, the director didn't want to do what she wanted so she said ok then you cant use any of the music.. and rather than be blackmailed they decided that they would just do it with Jimi esq music....

So personally im still really interested to see it.. I don't care if Janie and co don't give it their blessing and even though I have no proof, it may be the cynic in me but I bet you this was all about money and control rather than Jimi's reputation.... And I doubt anyone would ever think of him as the violent type, I bet that whole scene has been way over exaggerated just to give an excuse why they didn't support it.

-Ryan

ahh well then this is disappointing news, I was looking forward to seeing this. Now I'm not saying I wont because of this news but,, it certainly takes some of the shine off of my expectations.

Thanks for the enlightening and the tip for the other movie Ryan.

Archived