Gibson Brands Forums

Songwriter Deluxe Studio advice

Dennis96013

Songwriter Deluxe Studio EC is on its way. Not my first guitar, but probably going to be my best. And, if my wife has anything to say about it, my last. Nearly had to sacrifice my marriage for it, but hey, ya gotta have your priorities. I do have some concerns and am hoping the wise guru's on this forum can offer me some sage advice and suggestions.

First, I've been reading about the Nitro finish and almost afraid to hold the guitar w/o wearing a hazmat suit. Seriously, though! How will my current G7th capo, leather strap and guitar stand that seems to have some type of foam on it. . .will these damage the finish? Do I need to replace them, and if so, with what? What about my bare arm? Should I put a sock on it?

And further, is there any advice or suggestions you could offer? I do appreciate any insight you have to offer.

My current guitars are a top-of-the-line Zager and a middle of the road Martin. All acoustics.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Have had my studio delux for about three weeks now, absolutely love this thing. Mine is a gently used Jan 2013 model......not even a hint of a scratch or any wear marks. Treating her like a baby though, too much actually - no buttons, buckles, like a new car.......hoping that first dent never comes. The finish is really durable, G7 cappo with rubber has not left any rub marks thus far. Great guitar choice.

Morgan

Archived