Gibson Brands Forums

Peach Festival

Karloff

Next month I'm heading to Scranton, Pa. for the 3 day Peach Festival. Right now, I'm actually wondering, "what was I thinking ?" signing onto a 3 day music festival, I'm decades past ever dealing with a music festival... when it's all said and done, i know i'll be glad i was there, especially since this tour is it for the Allman Brothers.

Any one else here going to the Festival ?

I won tickets off the radio last year. Of course it was only for Saturday's lineup. My buddy and I drove 4 hours up to Scranton Friday night and got a flea-bag hotel room. It was a great festival though. The three biggest acts were Government Mule, Bob Wier and Rat Dog, and The Allman Brothers. Plus a bunch of other bands I had never heard of playing on different stages.

Have a good time this year.

I won tickets off the radio last year. Of course it was only for Saturday's lineup. My buddy and I drove 4 hours up to Scranton Friday night and got a flea-bag hotel room. It was a great festival though. The three biggest acts were Government Mule, Bob Wier and Rat Dog, and The Allman Brothers. Plus a bunch of other bands I had never heard of playing on different stages.

Have a good time this year.

Seriously,Is it just me or don't peaches have fuzz anymore?

Yes,enjoy the Brothers.Enjoy the Festival.

X

No, it isn't just you. Peaches and Nectarines are nearly interchangeable, with Peaches having the fuzz, and Nectarines not having that gene, so no fuzz. The two have been bred for decades to produce less fuzz on a Peach, because somebody decided it was unsightly. Of course, a side effect of it is longer life on a train or a truck and absolutely no flavor whatsoever. When Eat A Peach For Peace meant something, the peaches they spoke of are something that kids today probably would not even recognize.

I wish they had gotten it together for their last year. I remember years of tours when they didn't touch that record.

Enjoy the show, Warren and Derek are great players.

rct

No, it isn't just you. Peaches and Nectarines are nearly interchangeable, with Peaches having the fuzz, and Nectarines not having that gene, so no fuzz. The two have been bred for decades to produce less fuzz on a Peach, because somebody decided it was unsightly. Of course, a side effect of it is longer life on a train or a truck and absolutely no flavor whatsoever. When Eat A Peach For Peace meant something, the peaches they spoke of are something that kids today probably would not even recognize.

I wish they had gotten it together for their last year. I remember years of tours when they didn't touch that record.

Enjoy the show, Warren and Derek are great players.

rct

rct,

Yes that show should be rockin alright.

I had the good fortunate to see them at the Fox theatre in Atlanta years gone by.

Really can't recall the entire evening,so it must've been good. [thumbup]

As for the genetically manipulated peaches,I find cardboard an acceptable substitute,as you so rightly stated Sir,0 flavor.

Absolutely the best fruit and veggies over the past years I have eaten were the ones we received from Turkish sources while in the O.I.F. theatre.Juicy,freestone peaches and tomatoes to cry for.

I still find Peach festival in Pa. a tad outta place,bein a Southerner an all...

Let there be rock,er Southern rock that is.

X

my daydream is that Betts strolls out at some point

That would be awesome and I hope that happens for all of those people there to see them. "irretrievably broken" was what he called it about two years after they ended. If he comes out and does Blue Sky give him a big kiss for me. This here CFMartin I bought last month has been getting a Little Martha workout since I brought it home, and I hope them two do it justice. I've seen Dickie do it himself, I am glad of that. Stand Back is one I've never seen them do, that would be a treat, but with, well, you know.

rct

I was very disappointed in the Georgia Peaches this year. Wish I could get a "lug" of some Illinois peaches from down around Cairo (Mississippi river town). Colorado peaches still have pretty heavy fuzz (always had about the toughest beards I guess).

Oh yeah, BTW, have a good time at the festival. And eat some good taste'n peaches if ya can.

Aster

That would be awesome and I hope that happens for all of those people there to see them. "irretrievably broken" was what he called it about two years after they ended. If he comes out and does Blue Sky give him a big kiss for me. This here CFMartin I bought last month has been getting a Little Martha workout since I brought it home, and I hope them two do it justice. I've seen Dickie do it himself, I am glad of that. Stand Back is one I've never seen them do, that would be a treat, but with, well, you know.

rct

yep, this will be my 5th time seeing the ABB, but only the 2nd time without my hero, Mr. Betts ... i have gotten to see Great Southern a handful of times. Always loved how Betts and Haynes played together. Thought it was the best since Duane ...

Archived