Gibson Brands Forums

I just found the perfect case for my Masterbilt

lucille64

Carbon fiber case custom made to your specifications. This category accommodates guitars ranging in size from flattop dreadnought acoustics up to 18" wide super jumbo archtops. Specify shell & lining colors, make & model of guitar and please provide a completed measurement form (see pdf download below).

Availability: available as a special order -- normally ships within 30-60 days

sku: CALCUST-D/JXL .. dreadnought to super jumbo guitar .. $995.00 buy

FLATTOP GUITAR MEASUREMENT FORM pdf OR ARCHTOP GUITAR MEASUREMENT FORM pdf

shell-colors

lining-colors

example

CGC3-WH-B_case-open_zpse31c6497.jpg

Now I know some of you will say this a huge bit of "overkill" for an instrument that cost 3 times less than this case... BUT

I love my Masterbilt DR500MNA so much, I don't care. When I take it anywhere either traveling or just around town, I want to be sure that it is safe.

It will have an RFID chip to locate it if it ever gets snagged from me as well.

It is also waterproof with a thick rubber seal around the valance and TSA latches.

My baby deserves the very best :)

Cliff thanks and yes she does deserve the very best.

This particular Masterbilt struck a musical bond with me like no other acoustic guitar has ever done.

So I intend for nothing to harm it when it's not in my loving arms so to speak.

It might sound crazy to a lot of people but no matter what any certain instrument costs, if it's "the one" for you as an individual then protect it for all it's worth.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

I ordered mine in a champagne outer shell color with the same blue interior.

30-60 days is a long time to wait but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

You could buy 2 more masterbilts for that price, prolly with a case. Just sayin.

how very true and with all due respect....... they wouldn't be this very one and for that reason alone.... I decided I wanted this particular one... protected the best I could.

It's really not about how many Masterbilts I could buy with that money it's about how much I love this particular one.

I just found out that they didn't have the case I ordered with a blue interior. It's still a white outer shell but It has a black crushed velvet interior. That and the new version I'm getting has black powder coated latches instead of nickel plated ones. A slightly different more padded handle so it appears the new version isn't exactly like the version I thought I was getting.

here is the newer version they are shipping me....

SFGC1-WHITE_open_zps254b0a0c.jpg

That's a bit of a disappointment because I liked the blue but as long as it protects my Beloved Masterbilt I guess I'm just being picky.

Don't mind me, I'm just boo-hooing :)

Are you still paying the outrageous price? If so, demand what you want and if they won't give it to you, shop somewhere else.

Cliff maybe I should have been more explicit with my last post.

They told me that they had made improvements on the grade of lining and hardware since the web picture was posted. The picture I posted was a generic one since all the cases are made custom order.

They apologized and said they would fix that.

The black lining is a heavier grade material, the powdercoated hardware was to prevent tarnishing and possible rusting.

The upgraded soft heavy padded leather handle was an improvement that their customers had asked for.

All in all after a day to consider all this I'm ok with the changes.

In the end my baby will still have the ultimate protection that I wanted.

I will post some pics with my Dr500MNA in it when ever it gets to me.

Cliff maybe I should have been more explicit with my last post.

They told me that they had made improvements on the grade of lining and hardware since the web picture was posted. The picture I posted was a generic one since all the cases are made custom order.

They apologized and said they would fix that.

The black lining is a heavier grade material, the powdercoated hardware was to prevent tarnishing and possible rusting.

The upgraded soft heavy padded leather handle was an improvement that their customers had asked for.

All in all after a day to consider all this I'm ok with the changes.

In the end my baby will still have the ultimate protection that I wanted.

I will post some pics with my Dr500MNA in it when ever it gets to me.

Right on!

I'm with you when it comes to a guitar just being the one. I looked at Gibson J-45's for three years before deciding on mine. First off none of them sounded as good as my Epi Masterbilts until I found this one, and on top of that it has a couple of nicks and scratches from being the floor demo. The sales guy offered to let me bring it back and swap it out with the fresh one when it came in, before it got put out on the floor but I said no thanks, I like this one too much to part with it!

As for that case, man it's one impressive sucker! Do the make it for all different sizes?

I'm with you when it comes to a guitar just being the one. I looked at Gibson J-45's for three years before deciding on mine. First off none of them sounded as good as my Epi Masterbilts until I found this one, and on top of that it has a couple of nicks and scratches from being the floor demo. The sales guy offered to let me bring it back and swap it out with the fresh one when it came in, before it got put out on the floor but I said no thanks, I like this one too much to part with it!

As for that case, man it's one impressive sucker! Do the make it for all different sizes?

Mean.... yes they make one for almost any stringed instrument.

They are pricey though.

There are other cases almost as nice with fiberglass arched top lids, nicely padded for less than half of what this one was. But they don't offer GPS tracking chips or carbon fiber reinforced shells or waterproof to around 300 feet of depth. But I guess if your not planning on getting in a firefight or dropping it off the side of an ocean liner then they would be fine. :) Not that I plan on any of those events, I pray to God. :)

You know, I have had countless acoustic guitars in my 70 years on this planet and it just flat out amazes me that this Epiphone Masterbilt ends up being the most perfect " for me" guitar out of all of them no matter what they cost or who made them. I just can't quite get past that yet :)

Either way, I wanted to protect this particular one because in my mind, I don't want to have to search for another one that bonds this well with me. Thus the maximum case for it.

I know I'm nuts but hey I'm old and crazy, what can I say ? :)

It just arrived today... 3 weeks early !! That was a nice surprise.

here are a few camera phone pic's. They don't do any justice to the actual case, believe me.

amazingly strong, extremely light weight ... 10.5 lbs total with the guitar and any accessories in the compartment, waterproof and bullet proof :) that part just amazes me. Padded very thick & nice and the crushed velvet interior is first class.

They included a very nice brass engraved name plate that I can attach to the case where ever I want with the inscription.....

2007 EPIPHONE MASTERBILT DR500MNA

Serial Number GR07110326

I still have to register and activate the GPS chips for the case and the guitar as well

20140805_155925_zps35390988.jpg

20140805_155909_zps26c330ea.jpg

20140805_1455271_zps4d2c82f7.jpg

20140805_145602_zps3032df35.jpg

Archived