Gibson Brands Forums

Warren Haynes ES 335

Dick Fanguy

Just purchased a Warren Haynes ES 335. I have wanted a 335 since I was a teenager. Now that I'm an old man, I'm doing my bucket list. The man I bought it from said it was made in the Gibson Custom Shop. Can any of you confirm that? It really makes no difference to me as I bought it to play and I love it. Just trying to confirm this and add to my knowledge. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Hi ****,

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new 335. I can't help you with your question, but I have to say that I had the opportunity to play a Warren Haynes whilst visiting the Gibson Memphis factory & showroom earlier this year and it was one of the two sweetest electric guitars I've ever played, the other being a Paul Kosseff VOS Les Paul. If I didn't already have a 335 that I'm very attached to, I'd have been in the market for one of those.

I initially wondered if Gibson saved the best guitars for their own showroom, but playing a couple of BB king models, a Lucile and an anniversary disproved that theory as the set up was truly awful.

Enjoy your new guitar,

Ian

I'm not sure either if it's a Custom Shop. I have a Larry Carlton ES-335 and it is a Custom Shop. It has the custom shop sticker on the back of the headstock, a custom shop case and COA. Orange sticker inside the body cavity say Memphis, TN. Does the Warren Haynes have any of these? The new price for the Carlton and Haynes are about the same.

I'm not sure either if it's a Custom Shop. I have a Larry Carlton ES-335 and it is a Custom Shop. It has the custom shop sticker on the back of the headstock, a custom shop case and COA. Orange sticker inside the body cavity say Memphis, TN. Does the Warren Haynes have any of these? The new price for the Carlton and Haynes are about the same.

Yes it does have the orange sticker inside the body that says Memphis, TN but it has nothing on the head stock. The only thing on the headstock is a hand number 74 of 500.

Yes it does have the orange sticker inside the body that says Memphis, TN but it has nothing on the head stock. The only thing on the headstock is a hand number 74 of 500.

I think you have a Custom Shop guitar then. Gisbson doesn't put the custom shop sticker on the back of some models, mostly historic reissues and special models. My Johnny A. does not have the sticker either.

I think you have a Custom Shop guitar then. Gisbson doesn't put the custom shop sticker on the back of some models, mostly historic reissues and special models. My Johnny A. does not have the sticker either.

Thanks for the information. This is one sweet guitar & I bought it to play. It seemed to have more attention to detail than other 335's I've seen. It seemed reasonable to believe it was custom shop but it is not that important to me.

Archived