Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul with tremolo

Mitch in Weston FL

I was in Sam ash yesterday and saw a guitar that I wanted to add to my collection as soon as I played it. No one ate the store knew the specs of the guitar, pickup types netc. It has a beautiful finish is much lighter than many if my other axes, I have over 50 now, the sale price was over 50% off of the previous price on the tag. The most unusual feature is it has a stetsbar pro 2 tremolo. It is a new (previously) unsold 2012 model serial number 106520481. On the reciept it says model number LPST5HTSVCH3, gibson. I love the way it sounds but any info on what model/specs it is I would really be grateful.

Could be a special run, although I found no internet evidence to support such. Guitar tech at the store could have fitted it...? I've seen similar things with Bigsby and Vibramates being fitted to store models as a sweetener.

Never heard of a commonly available Gibson Les Paul featuring a Stetsbar Pro II, so it has to be something special. To my knowledge all of the more recent Les Paul guitars coming with vibrato stock either have a Bigsby or a Floyd Rose system.

Archived