Gibson Brands Forums

Bunch of new models

Rabs

I know ive posted some of these before, but these are nice close up pics where we can see them properly (and now they have a proper web page :))

I also noticed that 3 out of 5 of these guitars don't have pickup selector switch rings.. Have they finally realised that we don't need a small circular piece of plastic to tell us how to use a selector switch [razz] :)

This is frikken lovely.. and check how slim it is.. Change to chrome hardware and add the tone pot back and id be quite interested in that (not that I could buy one even if I wanted [sleep] )

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Custom-Classic-Light.aspx

LPCCLTVSGH1-Hero-2_zpsb8a60244.jpg

LPCCLTVSGH1-Side-Shot_zpsd55cc723.jpg

Just yum yum yum

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Double-Cutaway.aspx

LPCDCTRCH1-Hero_zpsa3e29a5c.jpg

WHO?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DJ-Ashba-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

LPDJAAGBC1-Hero-2_zps842ecde4.jpg

This one we saw on the vid Donny posted.. pretty out there

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/RD-Artist.aspx

DSRDAAWGH1-Hero-3_zpsd082a8c8.jpg

And more yum :)

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/The-Les-Paul-All-Wood.aspx

LPTLPANCH1-Hero_zpsdf7fa9d6.jpg

I checked out the Les Paul Classic Double Cutaway at Summer NAMM and liked the neck a lot, it is a really good looking guitar too and I have never been quite a fan of those DCs

Its the necks on the DCs that make them so amazing... even on my Faded model, the neck just plays like butter.

So where's the Sg [confused]

Love the RD And Les Paul CCL

Not that i'm into buying one or have the money to do it in near future, but why don't Gibson Custom Shop make Sg Custom anymore. We have the CS Standard but not The Sg Custom. Just Sayin'

The D J Ashba is just a studio with a stripe. Dreadful price.

It has binding

Gray finish with black plastics and binding, sleek playability, DJ’s choice of hot Seymour Duncan pickups, and versatile wiring mods, this guitar is primed to get you seen and heard.

LPDJAAGBC1-Glam-Shot_zpse2173861.jpg

Man I am torn between the DC, ALL WOOD, or '63 ES335 block Ri! [cursing] Since I just ordered my Kemper, I can only get one more this year. I am thinking the ES should be around next year, so one of the other limited runs are neck and neck.

With the exception of a couple of things I really dig that DJ Ashba Black LP.I don't think I'm that far out of the loop but who is DJ Ashba.I really dont care who's name is on it being a signature,I just like the looks of it and changing the truss rod cover would be no sweat.The other things that I'm not fond of is with a guitar that black and I've read Gibson got some ebony back from the feds it really cries out for an ebony fretboard to match all the darkness vibe it has.Of course last but not least is the price I could live with the few other things (especially if it sounded and felt killer)but dam $2799.00 you gotta to be kidding!!, maybe because it's a signature. They seem to be happy to advertise it having some black plastic parts on it,I don't know if that's a good thing.Oh well at the moment I cant afford one and I cant seem to find one on MF,sweetwater,or any dealers page,when do they come out?

• 2 weeks later...

I know ive posted some of these before, but these are nice close up pics where we can see them properly (and now they have a proper web page :))

I also noticed that 3 out of 5 of these guitars don't have pickup selector switch rings.. Have they finally realised that we don't need a small circular piece of plastic to tell us how to use a selector switch [razz] :)

Just yum yum yum

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Double-Cutaway.aspx

LPCDCTRCH1-Hero_zpsa3e29a5c.jpg

Checked one of these out today. The picture does not do it justice. Much more brilliant red in person. Beautiful guitar.

NHTom

I agree about slicing up the Custom Lite, they should have left it. It looks funny how the jack cover is screwed into the binding due to the thickness of the body. The 3 knobs also drives me nuts, would've been nice to see this closer to a Classic Custom with that finish.

The RD is very nice, would love to see some affordable versions of that come out. Guess we'll have to wait to see what 2015 will bring us!

I agree about slicing up the Custom Lite, they should have left it. It looks funny how the jack cover is screwed into the binding due to the thickness of the body. The 3 knobs also drives me nuts, would've been nice to see this closer to a Classic Custom with that finish.

The RD is very nice, would love to see some affordable versions of that come out. Guess we'll have to wait to see what 2015 will bring us!

You never know what Gibson might do next. I don't understand the single volume and tones on the double cut?? For 60 years most LPs had two volume and two tones, so all of sudden we'll just eliminate one set [thumbdn]

I have a Custom Lite and the only reason to slice them down is to make them lighter. For old guys like me a 10 to 12 pound LP just kills the lower back long about the begining of the third set. But the Lite sounds and looks good, but is easier to play for extended periods.

I did have mine modified with a second tone pot for the bridge pickup and incorporated the coil split push/pull into that. Mine which is only a couple years old has 57 classic PUPs, not sure if the thinner body with the 490 and 498T might get a little thin on the high end tone? But with today's amps/effects I suppose you can compensate for that.

Anyway IMHO a good LP if you have lower back problems and need to stand on a stage for several hours. [thumbup] [thumbup]

LPCustomLiteMods003_zps2c4c5064.jpg

You never know what Gibson might do next. I don't understand the single volume and tones on the double cut?? For 60 years most LPs had two volume and two tones, so all of sudden we'll just eliminate one set [thumbdn]

If you build 100 guitars a week and pots cost $2.95 each you can save $590/week by eliminating 2 pots per guitar.

Archived