Gibson Brands Forums

REQUEST: LEFTY / LEFT HANDED STEINBERGER SYNAPSE

alvarog01

Hello there! anyone from Steinberger is monitoring these boards?

Can you please take this request to Mr. Ned Steinberger?? I am sorry if it sounds arrogant.... a Synapse SS 2F is my dream guitar, I would buy two or three of them instantly! of course in satin black!

BTW check out my youtube channel, I play my modified GT Pro in all of my videos, love the concept design, though I envy the construction and finish quality of the Synapse line... sometimes being lefty suck!

Lefty users out there... what do you say to this? has the Synapse-reversing time arrived?

No. And besides the fact that Steinberger is listed as a part of the Gibson (better: Epiphone) family of brands, I doubt there is anybody left who knows what a Steinberger is.

Can you please take this request to Mr. Ned Steinberger??

Well, I could, but it won't help with anything. Ned is no longer involved in anything labeled "Steinberger", even his consultancy contract with Gibson ended in (afaik) 2012. Ned might hear you, but it wouldn't mean anything. Gibson doesn't do what Ned might propose, and Ned has been running his own business (NS Design) for years now.

Lefty users out there... what do you say to this? has the Synapse-reversing time arrived?

There is no more development. And doubts are there how long even manufacturing of the existent ones will continue.

For a (new) lefthand headless guitar you'd need to look at other brands, or get a custom one made.

Bernd

No. And besides the fact that Steinberger is listed as a part of the Gibson (better: Epiphone) family of brands, I doubt there is anybody left who knows what a Steinberger is.

Well, I could, but it won't help with anything. Ned is no longer involved in anything labeled "Steinberger", even his consultancy contract with Gibson ended in (afaik) 2012. Ned might hear you, but it wouldn't mean anything. Gibson doesn't do what Ned might propose, and Ned has been running his own business (NS Design) for years now.

There is no more development. And doubts are there how long even manufacturing of the existent ones will continue.

For a (new) lefthand headless guitar you'd need to look at other brands, or get a custom one made.

Bernd

Very sad news. Thanks for replying Bernd.

Can you please take this request to Mr. Ned Steinberger?? I am sorry if it sounds arrogant.... a Synapse SS 2F is my dream guitar, I would buy two or three of them instantly! of course in satin black!

BTW check out my youtube channel, I play my modified GT Pro in all of my videos, love the concept design, though I envy the construction and finish quality of the Synapse line... sometimes being lefty suck!

I know it's not exactly the same but you could pull a Hendrix and flip it upside down and restring it. the good thing about the Steinberger is that it's symmetrical.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not exactly the same but you could pull a Hendrix and flip it upside down and restring it. the good thing about the Steinberger is that it's symmetrical.

I tried that but the controls get in my left hand way all the time. Side markers are not visible, jack input in wrong place, leg rest is not exchangeable.... a lot of nuances that in sum greatly prejudices playability.... there is not so much symmetry if you look it closer.

• 9 months later...

hi again!

I just made it! I present you the first left handed Synapse Transcale!

All began when I spotted a Synapse ST-2FPA on the Internet and decided to buy for trying on a lefty conversion sometime.

Six months later, and after much surgery, I can say it may become the best instrument I have ever pounded.

I even made some demo with my new *modded* baritone, hope you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8BUcIiwcY8

I dropped some notes and tech info here.

weaponry%2BSteinberger%2BSynapse%2BST-2FPA%2Bthumbnail%2BI%2B500x500.png

And above all, acknowledgements to Bernd for his invaluable assistance on hardware supply.

Best,

Archived