Gibson Brands Forums

Allow Me To Show You What Brings Me Here..........

JeffBlue

2012 highly modified Gibson Les Paul Supreme. Seymour Duncan '59/JB pickups, gold pickup rings, Wilkinson roller bridge, Kahler brass stop tailpiece, TonePros locking studs, vintage style control knobs and Schaller strap locks. Just a little extra bling on an already outstanding eye-candy eargasm guitar.IMG_0354_zps6b6e0830.jpg

IMG_0355_zpsb886510d.jpgIMG_0326_zps7842e945.jpg

Very nice looker and top-wrapped as well....

The switch tip would drive me mad.

I'd have to get a gold or polished brass one of those immediately.

And of course you can get gold-plated strings too..

Thanks. I would absolutely change the pickup selector knob for a gold plated one. Where could I purchase one? I have not seen any. Or polished brass.

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks. I would absolutely change the pickup selector knob for a gold plated one. Where could I purchase one? I have not seen any. Or polished brass.

My link

Guest Farnsbarns

OK Smarty Pants. In the old days someone would have just typed "GOOGLE is your friend". [biggrin]

Yes, but in 2014 we can be smart arses with nice graphical user interfaces. The method also blocks the "I tried searching but nothing came up" retort. I've seen the result for the search so don't tell me that. [lol]

All in good humor though.

Quite the looker. Even without the mods, that would be a gorgeous guitar.

Curious - why the roller bridge with a stop tail?

No sharp edges at the bridge, an excellent return to open string pitch with no chance of string hang-up at the saddle.

I have used Graphtech nuts so I know about less friction. Think about it.......rollers would be less friction than the Graphtech saddles because the strings could not hang up due to the oversized slots of the rollers. As the strings are being stretched or pulled......the rollers are moving the same amount to give you a total return to zero

Guest Farnsbarns

I have used Graphtech nuts so I know about less friction. Think about it.......rollers would be less friction than the Graphtech saddles because the strings could not hang up due to the oversized slots of the rollers. As the strings are being stretched or pulled......the rollers are moving the same amount to give you a total return to zero

IMHO the lack of a good witness point would out way any string snapping or hang-up issues. My perspective is based on not having broken a string for over a decade and never having had strings hang up in a saddle, yours may well be different, of course.

I would absolutely agree with you that the GraphTech saddles would be better than the cheap zamak saddles that Gibson supplies their guitars with. But brass sounds better and rollers are a better fulcrum than a sharp edge. Think of pullies instead of a knife edge. If all you are worried about is string breakage.........you'll never ever break strings on roller saddles. How does the GraphTech saddles affect your tone?

Your suggestion has been duly noted and you will be happy to know that I just ordered a gold plated brass switch tip. Thanks for the idea, I appreciate your input. And thank you for the kind words and compliments of my Les Paul with the most bling.

Your suggestion has been duly noted and you will be happy to know that I just ordered a gold plated brass switch tip. Thanks for the idea, I appreciate your input. And thank you for the kind words and compliments of my Les Paul with the most bling.

Going to need another pic then!!!

I know, I know.......I'm still waiting for the arrival of the switch cap. I also ordered an actual Fender logo to replace the fake/stupid looking logo on my Fender Super Champ X2 head. I will post a photo of my Les Paul with the new cap.

Archived