Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your pedal boards

Karloff

I'm definitely one of those who changes things around often. But here's what I have on the board(s) at this moment...

This is the big board. It stays at home and generally holds anything I like that I am not using on my trio gigs. Most of the stuff I built or modified...

IMG_4138.jpg

Currently it holds... modified CryBaby wah, EH Double Muff, Big Muff triangle clone, Tychobrae Octavia clone, Hot Chilicon fuzz, EH Small Stone

This is my little (gig) board. I take it to all of my trio's gigs. Again I made or modified a lot of it...

IMG_4139.jpg

Polytune > Orange Squeezer clone > Bigfoot Booster > hotrodded TS9 > El Capistan echo > Ditto looper

I only recently added the looper thinking we might find a way to augment the trio with it, but I have not yet used it. We shall see.... [biggrin]

Here's the current iteration of my board...still got a few things I want to add.

Y3U4ss8.jpg

My chain is: Guitar->Tubular Mods Big Toe Boost->Tubular Mods TS9->JHS Angry Charlie->ZVex Super Duper 2-in-1->Ibanez AD99 Analog Delay->JCM800 2204.

The pedals have slightly different purposes depending on whether I have the amp clean or dirty. The Big Toe is my low-gain OD with the amp set clean and one flavor of gain boost with the amp dirty(or into my main dirt pedal).

The TS9 is pretty much always a gain boost but it's smoother than the Big Toe; just different flavors once again.

The Angry Charlie I only use if the amp is clean. It's my "Marshall-in-a-Box" pedal. It works equally well into my clean Marshall and into a clean Fender amp (such as my friend's Pro Junior). It's my main dirt tone if the amp is clean.

The Super Duper 2-in-1 has various uses for me...it can wear a lot of hats. Two channels; one with just a volume, and the other with a volume and Master. The first channel cascades into the second one. The first channel (no master) i'll use either as a straight up clean boost (this thing is Loud) or just as a "buffer" of sorts with the volume knob at unity. Adds some nice sparkle and tightens the bass a bit.

The second channel can be a nice low gain OD or a traditional boost or "buffer" like the first channel...now, if I'm pushing a dirty amp and I turn both volumes up to about 2:00 and over...it turns into a low-medium gain fuzz!

And lastly...the AD99. It's analog. It's delay. It's big and bulky but it sounds damn good. Played around with the internal trim pots and now it can give some cool distorted overtones with the delay time set past 2:00. Doesn't self-oscillate, don't need it to.

And that concludes my pedalboard overview.

-Ryan

I'm definitely one of those who changes things around often. But here's what I have on the board(s) at this moment...

This is the big board. It stays at home and generally holds anything I like that I am not using on my trio gigs. Most of the stuff I built or modified...

IMG_4138.jpg

Currently it holds... modified CryBaby wah, EH Double Muff, Big Muff triangle clone, Tychobrae Octavia clone, Hot Chilicon fuzz, EH Small Stone

Very nice. Anybody who has more than 1 Big Muff on a board is good in my book [thumbup]

c0584add9add98913a24f1cbe83e3040_zpsc18e2904.jpg

I've played heavy blues rock for fifteen years straight through my Laney LC30 with only an equalizer to get higher solo volume. I love the raw tube sound. Last year I got this VOX Stomplab to add some things like flanger and delay. Great gizmo, easy to use and with enough sounds for me.

//Robert

OK - pedalboard 2 which I use now on most gigs.

The white thing with 'JM' on is a mains tripswitch.

The Ibanez pedal is a DCF10 digital chorus/flanger and to the left is Dub's 'Dark Cloud' delay which I can't do without!

Pedalboard2web2014_zpsf736ec3b.jpg

my sad little board.......lol

Home made to fit into an anvil briefcase.

101_0226_zps40a6fd27.jpg

Vox wah

TC Spark boost (AWESOME pedal)

Korg tuner

amp reverb switch

I'm not a big pedal guy, but plan on adding an eq, a delay, and I really want a Plimsoul.

NHTom

OK - pedalboard 2 which I use now on most gigs.

The white thing with 'JM' on is a mains tripswitch.

The Ibanez pedal is a DCF10 digital chorus/flanger and to the left is Dub's 'Dark Cloud' delay which I can't do without!

Pedalboard2web2014_zpsf736ec3b.jpg

That Dark Cloud delay looks interesting...what's the left button with the Infinity symbol above it? Oscillation switch? How would you describe the tonality of it?

-Ryan

@Ryan:

When you hold it down - yes, full oscillation/infinite repeat - there are name pedals (Strymon) which do it and I think that's what inspired Dub. And I think he said the circuit is based on the Mad Professor delay, brighter than a Boss analog, very faithful to the original guitar sound and about 5-600ms at longest. I love this pedal now, like I said I can't do without it; I have it on quite short and quiet, unobtrusive and it really makes some parts I have to play stand out. We do 'Wonderful Tonight' for instance and I can absolutely nail the riff sound with it. I hope Dub will chime in here and tell you more.

Edit - Riffster I want a Dyna-ranger, definitely got to be my next pedal!

@Ryan:

When you hold it down - yes, full oscillation/infinite repeat - there are name pedals (Strymon) which do it and I think that's what inspired Dub. And I think he said the circuit is based on the Mad Professor delay, brighter than a Boss analog, very faithful to the original guitar sound and about 5-600ms at longest. I love this pedal now, like I said I can't do without it; I have it on quite short and quiet, unobtrusive and it really makes some parts I have to play stand out. We do 'Wonderful Tonight' for instance and I can absolutely nail the riff sound with it. I hope Dub will chime in here and tell you more.

Hmm...sounds very cool. Wonder if he could voice it darker, or add a tone control...I like my delay repeats fairly dark a lot of the time, so they sit behind my playing a bit more...

-Ryan

Hmm...sounds very cool. Wonder if he could voice it darker, or add a tone control...I like my delay repeats fairly dark a lot of the time, so they sit behind my playing a bit more...

-Ryan

The Behringer VTM is darker (I have one). It's an EH Memory Man copy, dirt cheap - at least in UK - and I happen to remember that Dub has one and put the same infinite repeat mod in it!

The Behringer VTM is darker (I have one). It's an EH Memory Man copy, dirt cheap - at least in UK - and I happen to remember that Dub has one and put the same infinite repeat mod in it!

Well, one of the other reasons I was interested in Dub's Dark Cloud is that my current delay (Ibanez AD99) is just too damn big! It's also a pretty awkward size...see my above pedalboard post and you'll see. The VTM is just as big and awkward, if not More.

-Ryan

-Ryan

Just throwing this out here first.. I've owned a lot of delays. It's my favorite effect besides fuzz. The pedal you probably really want is a BOSS DM-2. That's just about the best sounding delay in pedal form. It stays back but isn't lost. Just the perfect delay in my opinion (and a lot of players that know delay)

About the Dark Cloud. I think I made 5 or 6 of those total. Each one was different and at this point I don't really remember what I did with each one :P

I made a couple with tone controls though I think I've got a better way to implement a tone control now. Unfortunately I'm not taking orders for them now or for the foreseeable future. I just don't have time or desire to work on custom orders so I'm sticking to building things as I get the feeling for them - which gives me the best results and time efficiency.

So you'll see more delay pedals out of me, but I dunno when or if it will have the features you're looking for. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you should try out a DM-2 anyway!

And yeah, the modded VTM was awesome. That's a super good delay for cheap! I only wish it wasn't the ugliest pedal ever

2010.jpg

Whoa,, dude,, the first step is admitting you have a problem.. ;)

Wow :)

How do you like your multi boards Searcy?

Any you recommend?

I can pick up an ME-70 for a couple hundred bucks.

New, blown out for the ME-80.

Whoa,, dude,, the first step is admitting you have a problem.. ;)

Wow :)

How do you like your multi boards Searcy?

Any you recommend?

I can pick up an ME-70 for a couple hundred bucks.

New, blown out for the ME-80.

Truth be told I sold most of those off in 2010 and used the gains to buy this little number.

76E46FCD-6848-4AEF-9081-7489CC762F8D_zpsfwoibdqa.jpg

Most of the pedals I got for next to nothing. I did keep all the pedal boards (I like pedal boards) and I now have about 9 wah pedals. I'm a wah junky. Any multi effects froom Boss or Digitech are going to sound good. I love the Boss ME50B (which is a bass board) because you dont have to fiddle with a bunch of menus. It's knob based.

One thing I did learn during this little undertaking.... I have almost no use for boutique pedals. Most of them are nothing more than kits with goofy names and they have almost no resale value at all.

Archived