Gibson Guitar Board: Developing a website for Gibson amps - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Developing a website for Gibson amps http://gibsonamps.blogspot.com.au/

#1 User is offline   prewargibsons 

• Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

Hi, I have been developing a website for people interested in vintage guitars and amplifiers.
This page is specifically for vintage Gibson amps http://gibsonamps.blogspot.com.au/
I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think of the site.

#2 User is offline   retrorod 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

I really like your site. Those are some great-looking examples. Are they all in your collection?

Rod

"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from."--Cormic McCarthy

Celebrating the sixty years of "white privilege" that i have just recently learned that I was born with...

#3 User is offline   Rob Mackillop 

• LocationEdinburgh

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

Looks really interesting and useful.

Just a technical issue...I was looking at the site on an iPad2, and I couldn't access the sidebar below the 1947 BR4.

Also, are they meant to be in chronological order? It looks that way, except the 1947 BR4 comes after two 1948 amps. Not that it has to be chronological, of course, but might be useful.

#4 User is offline   prewargibsons 

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

View Postretrorod, on 11 August 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

I really like your site. Those are some great-looking examples. Are they all in your collection?

Rod

Hi Rod,

Yes they are part of my collection. Still seeking a couple to round it out.

Cheers

#5 User is offline   prewargibsons 

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostRob Mackillop, on 11 August 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

Looks really interesting and useful.

Just a technical issue...I was looking at the site on an iPad2, and I couldn't access the sidebar below the 1947 BR4.

Also, are they meant to be in chronological order? It looks that way, except the 1947 BR4 comes after two 1948 amps. Not that it has to be chronological, of course, but might be useful.

Hi Rob,

Just checked on my ipad and didn't have an issue. I am not a tech guru, I have just been playing with blogger and learning as I go. They are supposed to be model then year, I have adjusted a couple including the BR4 so hopefully the sequence is a little better.

Cheers

#6 User is offline   Rob Mackillop 

• LocationEdinburgh

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted. I just checked again on my iPad2, and there are no amps below the 1948 BR9, so no wonder I couldn't scroll further down. Sorry for being so stupid! It's a great site, including the Oahu amps - they are beautiful. Keep up the excellent work - it's the sort of thing that makes the web worthwhile.

#7 User is offline   Hyote 

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

You need a copy of the mighty BR1. I have one made in, I believe, 1948. Very cool amp.

The BR1 was used by Danny Cedrone on Bill Halley's original recording of "Rock Around The Clock." There weren't very many built, and as far as I know, his amp is not accounted for. Meaning any of us who have a BR1 have a small possibility of owning the amp used for arguably the very first rock and roll guitar solo.

#8 User is offline   RevDavidLee 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationChurch of Tone

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Awesome website! Just put it in my favorites list! :o

Also, I just picked up that book Gibson Electric Steel Guitars by A.R. Duchossoir about a week ago which you site as one of your references, and it is an excellent source for certain. Lots of eye candy in there [thumbup]

#9 User is offline   prewargibsons 

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostHyote, on 22 August 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

You need a copy of the mighty BR1. I have one made in, I believe, 1948. Very cool amp.

The BR1 was used by Danny Cedrone on Bill Halley's original recording of "Rock Around The Clock." There weren't very many built, and as far as I know, his amp is not accounted for. Meaning any of us who have a BR1 have a small possibility of owning the amp used for arguably the very first rock and roll guitar solo.

Hyote, You are right I do need and want a BR1 amp if you know of one that is available let me know please.

#10 User is offline   muzicbox 

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

Website is not viewer friendly if you're on mobile :) Anyways was certainly worth a look, very interesting feature on the 4 type of Gibson amp posted

#11 User is offline   cody78 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

That's a most interesting website.

There's not that much info on Gibson amps over here in the UK. Actually, I can honestly say I have never even seen a Gibson amp in the vintage stores I've been to. I've always wanted to try one though and both the more modern Goldtone and vintage ones look very cool.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users