Gibson Brands Forums

Developing a website for Gibson amps

prewargibsons

Looks really interesting and useful.

Just a technical issue...I was looking at the site on an iPad2, and I couldn't access the sidebar below the 1947 BR4.

Also, are they meant to be in chronological order? It looks that way, except the 1947 BR4 comes after two 1948 amps. Not that it has to be chronological, of course, but might be useful.

Looks really interesting and useful.

Just a technical issue...I was looking at the site on an iPad2, and I couldn't access the sidebar below the 1947 BR4.

Also, are they meant to be in chronological order? It looks that way, except the 1947 BR4 comes after two 1948 amps. Not that it has to be chronological, of course, but might be useful.

Hi Rob,

Just checked on my ipad and didn't have an issue. I am not a tech guru, I have just been playing with blogger and learning as I go. They are supposed to be model then year, I have adjusted a couple including the BR4 so hopefully the sequence is a little better.

Cheers

Thanks for keeping us posted. I just checked again on my iPad2, and there are no amps below the 1948 BR9, so no wonder I couldn't scroll further down. Sorry for being so stupid! It's a great site, including the Oahu amps - they are beautiful. Keep up the excellent work - it's the sort of thing that makes the web worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

You need a copy of the mighty BR1. I have one made in, I believe, 1948. Very cool amp.

The BR1 was used by Danny Cedrone on Bill Halley's original recording of "Rock Around The Clock." There weren't very many built, and as far as I know, his amp is not accounted for. Meaning any of us who have a BR1 have a small possibility of owning the amp used for arguably the very first rock and roll guitar solo.

Awesome website! Just put it in my favorites list! :o

Also, I just picked up that book Gibson Electric Steel Guitars by A.R. Duchossoir about a week ago which you site as one of your references, and it is an excellent source for certain. Lots of eye candy in there [thumbup]

You need a copy of the mighty BR1. I have one made in, I believe, 1948. Very cool amp.

The BR1 was used by Danny Cedrone on Bill Halley's original recording of "Rock Around The Clock." There weren't very many built, and as far as I know, his amp is not accounted for. Meaning any of us who have a BR1 have a small possibility of owning the amp used for arguably the very first rock and roll guitar solo.

Hyote, You are right I do need and want a BR1 amp if you know of one that is available let me know please.

• 1 month later...

That's a most interesting website.

There's not that much info on Gibson amps over here in the UK. Actually, I can honestly say I have never even seen a Gibson amp in the vintage stores I've been to. I've always wanted to try one though and both the more modern Goldtone and vintage ones look very cool.

• 3 months later...

Great site! Those amps are in very good condition.

Will you be adding information to go with the photos! (I know, lots of work!)

I just picked up a BR-6f that I'm pretty sure was made in 1951. It's in rough cosmetic shape but works very well.

Archived