Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Les Paul Special Double Cut-Away

darling67

They're not on the Guitar Center web site yet… but I just got a look at the 2015 Les Paul Special Double Cut-Away with P-90s.

Will come in TV Yellow, burst (brownish-looking) and red (cherry, I'd imagine) finishes. I'm thinking that I must have one!

I'd post pics, but I think I'd get my wrists slapped—or worse.

As is the trend with Gibson lately, there are no pick guards on them… and the higher-than-usual knob placements might make putting one on a challenge. But aside from that, yeah—I think I'm going to get one.

Wish I could post images of them, but I checked with my boss and he was like, "Yeah, you probably shouldn't…". [biggrin] Just like anything else that's proprietary and not yet made public… a big no-no!

WHERE did you get this look, at the 2015 Double Cut? Link?

CB

CB,

There's no link to them. We have images that are going into an upcoming (GC) catalogue. But we are obviously restricted from revealing any images of products not yet "announced" by any vendor—including Gibson, of course. So I can't share. <_<

But they are way cool-looking. Double cut-away, no pick guard (grrrr!), 2 P-90's, dot neck, one volume and one tone knob (interesting for a 2-pickup guitar)... TV Yellow, Cherry, and what appears to be Tobacco Sunburst. Very affordable, too!

CB,

There's no link to them. We have images that are going into an upcoming (GC) catalogue. But we are obviously restricted from revealing any images of products not yet "announced" by any vendor—including Gibson, of course. So I can't share. <_<

But they are way cool-looking. Double cut-away, no pick guard (grrrr!), 2 P-90's, dot neck, one volume and one tone knob (interesting for a 2-pickup guitar)... TV Yellow, Cherry, and what appears to be Tobacco Sunburst. Very affordable, too!

Gotcha, Thanks for that. [thumbup]

CB

They're not on the Guitar Center web site yet… but I just got a look at the 2015 Les Paul Special Double Cut-Away with P-90s.

Will come in TV Yellow, burst (brownish-looking) and red (cherry, I'd imagine) finishes. I'm thinking that I must have one!

I'd post pics, but I think I'd get my wrists slapped—or worse.

Ok so let me ask, since I am currently shopping for a Les Paul Junior Special used. Should I hold out? Is it going to be a slab mahogany body? rosewood bound board? Flat back or tummy cut? how good are the prices looking?

Ok so let me ask, since I am currently shopping for a Les Paul Junior Special used. Should I hold out? Is it going to be a slab mahogany body? rosewood bound board? Flat back or tummy cut? how good are the prices looking?

Yes I would wait and see if I were you.. these sound pretty good from the description...

When do Gibson's yearly models come out? On the first of the new year, or are they like cars and come out a bit before the year begins?

Yeah usually the shops get stock some time in December so they have them for the new year.

hmmm I am going today to pick up one of my guitars, maybe i will ask my tech if he can let me sneak a peek!

please tell me there is no bannering on the 12th fret?

Nope! No banner at the 12th fret! [thumbup]

Let me learn more about the technical specs tomorrow and I'll get back to you. I've been out of town the past 7 days so I have not been at work, obviously.

I can't really tell you what you should so, regarding the used LP Special or waiting for a 2015. Myself? I would wait for one of these new ones. I can't tell you anything too convincing as to "why?" other than that I'm generally more into buying new electric guitars. I tend to be more open to used when it comes to acoustics.

Is it going to be a slab mahogany body? rosewood bound board? Flat back or tummy cut? how good are the prices looking?

I am protecting myself by removing the info I originally put in this post.

These guitars will be advertised soon. So…

I see Rabs quoted me below. Self-censorship FAIL! [scared]

Don't know about the body wood. "Light-weight" is all I see in the specs. Not sure about the back, either.

Fretboard does, indeed, appear to be bound. Can't say for sure, but I am hoping it's rosewood.

Pricing will be between $800.00 - $1200.00 (not saying there are varying prices. Just giving you an idea of the price without giving away too much info. that might be under tabs for now). Affordable, I'd say!

These LP Specials will appear in the GC October buyer's guide. So, maybe another month and they'll be out there for public drooling. [drool]

Oh, and one other point of interest: They are going to include a case! =D>

You have been mentioned and quoted on the Marshall forum.. be careful :unsure:

One of the guys that answered on that same thread reckons that Gibson have a load of original 1950s PAF humbuckers that have never been used and will feature on some of the re-issue models in 2015.. Man can you imagine the price they are going to be.

You have been mentioned and quoted on the Marshall forum.. be careful :unsure:

One of the guys that answered on that same thread reckons that Gibson have a load of original 1950s PAF humbuckers that have never been used and will feature on some of the re-issue models in 2015.. Man can you imagine the price they are going to be.

The Marshall forum? Yikes! This is why I am not giving out TOO much info—and am not posting pics! Interesting though… I am talking about a Gibson product on the Gibson forum. Wouldn't I have been shut down by people here by now if I over-stepped any boundaries?

Anyway, perhaps I should ask Admin to shut down this thread.

Ah, I see. Not too serious a "call-out". I am not too worried about how that person referenced me over there. I am more concerned about it getting back to me HERE at work.

I might still ask—if I can find a member who is one—an Administrator if they feel the need to shut this thread down now. Or, maybe I'll censor myself by removing some info from my posts.

[cool]

Ah, I see. Not too serious a "call-out". I am not too worried about how that person referenced me over there. I am more concerned about it getting back to me HERE at work.

I might still ask—if I can find a member who is one—an Administrator if they feel the need to shut this thread down now. Or, maybe I'll censor myself by removing some info from my posts.

[cool]

Yeah I don't think you've done much wrong.. no pics or price details..

If anything you are helping to increase sales when they do arrive by wetting our appetites [thumbup] It seems A LOT of people want a DC Special.

I just thought it safer to give you a heads up :)

Really? The same Gibson that has lost every scrap of production evidence in at least two fires? The same company that has up and moved every piece of equipment the current owners own no less than three times? You can't seriously believe there's some magic shoebox with PAFs in it. Still. And they know where it is. Still. The "missing PAFs" story is just as dumb in 2014 as it was back when they had only moved once and had only one fire.

rct

Really? The same Gibson that has lost every scrap of production evidence in at least two fires? The same company that has up and moved every piece of equipment the current owners own no less than three times? You can't seriously believe there's some magic shoebox with PAFs in it. Still. And they know where it is. Still. The "missing PAFs" story is just as dumb in 2014 as it was back when they had only moved once and had only one fire.

rct

Well I didn't say I believed it.. but ive never heard that before...

I guess ive heard of stranger things happening...

Yeah I don't think you've done much wrong.. no pics or price details..

If anything you are helping to increase sales when they do arrive by wetting our appetites [thumbup] It seems A LOT of people want a DC Special.

I just thought it safer to give you a heads up :)

'ppreciate it!

I want to see them now. And they better not put those stupid robo-tuners on them either [cursing]

Seriously I want to see them now [mad][blink] :(

I know.... but I can't show any pics. [sad]

I asked someone today, and he said the 2015 Buyer's guide—where they'll appear—will be in the mail late September.... just a little more patience. They might appear online even sooner....?

Archived