Gibson Brands Forums

Changing bridges

justindkates

I'm changing out the hardware on my Arctic white studio to all black and I'm stuck on what bridge to get. I heard Wilkinson rollers but they are in metric not standard.

Schaller possibly? The Full Contact Hardware looks good but its also $200 with a huge logo on it. Ebay? I don't know what's a China fake and what's not. Any advice from you guys on a black roller bridge that will drop in and fit my Les Paul with out drilling new holes? I want a tail as well.

Thanks

Justin

+1 on forgetting the roller bridge except for a trem.

And +1 on Tonepros.

So drop the roller, and stick with a good name brand tune-o, I read something about changing the saddle for more sustain as well. I haven't had any problems with string breaks I just want all black hardware.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

1408072952[/url]' post='1553229']

So drop the roller, and stick with a good name brand tune-o, I read something about changing the saddle for more sustain as well. I haven't had any problems with string breaks I just want all black hardware.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Add a nice set of graph tech saddles, not only are they great saddles but they are black to boot. I have used them on all of my les Paul's for 20 something years now.

Readjusting action through bridge post adjustment is not a big deal. When about tuning stability, lubricating nut slots using a pencil might help. Clean, adjacent string windings on the tuning pegs are helpful, too, and careful (!) stretching when tuning up.

Unavoidable friction in the nut slots might cause "lag" of tuning. Tuning up slightly flat and striking some hard percussive harmonics support "setting" of strings in the nut slots, in particular of plain ones. All in all I don't think it's a matter of bridge or bridge saddles.

Archived