Gibson Brands Forums

Newby Needs Help with Tonepro

norton

Hi everyone,

I have been doing some research and would like to swap out my stock tail piece and bridge for the Tonepro but am confused about which of their products to order.

I have a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio purchased a year ago from Guitar Center with I assume stock tail piece and bridge.

The Tonepro web site has three choices, one is metric which I assume I would not order because my guitar says made in USA?

If correct then down to two choices, one set is for small posts and no "notched saddles" and the other is small posts and notched saddles.

I have no idea what a notched saddle is and so do not know which tonepro to order.

Can anyone help me with this, and also if you would, for about $120 is this a good idea for an upgrade or is my stock Gibson stuff just fine and don't bother?

Thank you so much

If you have odd/unusual string spacing requirements, then the unnotched bridge, so your

luthier can notch the bridge to match your string spacing. Otherwise the notched

variety SHOULD be ok! And, NOT the metric, those are for Epiphones, and other

guitars made overseas, with metric parts.

Cheers,

CB

I'm perfectly happy with Gibson parts. I don't consider them sub-par.

Maybe my guitar playing is sub-par.

I'd personally spend the money towards a new amp or a cool effects pedal.

- But that's just me, upgrade (change) anything you want.

Email that company (customer service),

They’ll figure out something to sell you.

you want this one T3BP

http://www.tonepros.com/t3bp-tonepros-standard-tuneomatic-small-posts-notched-saddles/

But I would also recommend these SS1 locking studs

http://www.tonepros.com/ss1-tonepros-standard-locking-studs/

And that price is much to high, buy them off ebay, I got my bridges for 45.00 each, and the locking studs for 25.00 each brand new in package with free shipping.

I could go on about how many Gibby's I have, and how long I've used them with the stock hardware, which has been just fine since day 1... instead I'll just ask that you remember these words of wisdom grasshopper..

"If it aint broke,, don't fix it"

remember these words of wisdom grasshopper..

"If it aint broke,, don't fix it"

Nah upgrade what ya want, I upgraded because I wanted my bridge and tail piece to lock onto the guitar, so they don't fall off every time I remove the strings, the added benefit was that the locking studs improved the resonance of the guitar, and opened up the tone alot, the guitar breaths much better now. I am a firm believer that if it aint broke, make it better!

besides you can always go back.

Archived