Gibson Brands Forums

Lucille/Varitone switch plate

creekster52

I'm sure this question has been posed before, but I couldn't find a post.

I have an Epi Lucille, and hate the odd colored Varitone switch plate. Anyone know where I can get a true gold plated (as on the Gibson model) or even a black one?

Thanks!

this place has some but they're blank. http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/covers_selectrings.htm

I removed the plate all together on my Gibson "Historic Series" 345. With all the knobs, p/u switch and Varitone knob with the big ole honkin' plate, it just looked too clustered and busy.

Here's what it looks like without it.

11369863976_408b914b58_o.jpg

I know what you mean. I don't know if it's being overly AN4L, but I couldn't stand the Varitone switch plate and foil "E" being "off". I ended up having new ones made, for my gold trim ZBD. The foil "E"s turned out to be a perfect match. The Varitone is a little off, it's made with a plastic that matches a Marshall face plate. That's the closest I could find. But it's definitely better than silver. I'm out of both (I had them made in quantities of 25, to keep the price down), but was selling them on eBay. If I can get enough interest, I'll order up more. They end up going for around $3.50 for the "E" and $5.00 for the Varitone plate.

IMG_0542.jpg

25978e31-fff9-455b-a16c-9a3669badaf2_zps134b358c.jpg

I know what you mean. I don't know if it's being overly AN4L, but I couldn't stand the Varitone switch plate and foil "E" being "off". I ended up having new ones made, for my gold trim ZBD. The foil "E"s turned out to be a perfect match. The Varitone is a little off, it's made with a plastic that matches a Marshall face plate. That's the closest I could find. But it's definitely better than silver. I'm out of both (I had them made in quantities of 25, to keep the price down), but was selling them on eBay. If I can get enough interest, I'll order up more. They end up going for around $3.50 for the "E" and $5.00 for the Varitone plate.

IMG_0542.jpg

25978e31-fff9-455b-a16c-9a3669badaf2_zps134b358c.jpg

I LOVE it, Tweed! Looks like a rotary dial off a Kelvinator applience, or on the X-Ray machines

in 1950's hospitals. [biggrin]

CB

I LOVE it, Tweed! Looks like a rotary dial off a Kelvinator applience, or on the X-Ray machines

in 1950's hospitals. [biggrin]

CB

That would work for me if it's in ivory or black. The Lucilles already have plenty of bling. I checked Ebay already, and there werent any listed other than complete sets (with switch).

Archived