Gibson Brands Forums

This is my R9

ratm_82

Hi, greetings from Brazil, it is always nice to meet new people, i've been lurking the R9 forum for a long time but never made a account because i didn't have a reason till now.

So i have this R9 and i would like to share and ask some questions about it since i feel a little bit confused specially about the serial number, and for this reason i started asking myself if my R9 is actually legit, nevertheless i REALLY like the tone i get out of it with my JCM800 2203 Marshall head and wouldn't stop playing it even if it was not legit, anyway what do you guys think about this serial number? For what i see over the internet all R9's have a digit space between the initial 9(model) and the year. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ( BTW i have the certificate, forgot to take the picture and now I'm lazy about it )

Wires.JPG

Wires2.JPG

Front.JPG

BHead.JPG

Back.JPG

FHead.JPG

I wrote a song back in 2012, used it with 2 other guitars i have with a JMP-1. It can be labeled as HardRock i believe, anyway, hope you enjoy!

Guest Farnsbarns

Hi, greetings from Brazil, it is always nice to meet new people, i've been lurking the R9 forum for a long time but never made a account because i didn't have a reason till now.

So i have this R9 and i would like to share and ask some questions about it since i feel a little bit confused specially about the serial number, and for this reason i started asking myself if my R9 is actually legit, nevertheless i REALLY like the tone i get out of it with my JCM800 2203 Marshall head and wouldn't stop playing it even if it was not legit, anyway what do you guys think about this serial number? For what i see over the internet all R9's have a digit space between the initial 9(model) and the year. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ( BTW i have the certificate, forgot to take the picture and now I'm lazy about it )

Wires.JPG

Wires2.JPG

Front.JPG

BHead.JPG

Back.JPG

FHead.JPG

I wrote a song back in 2012, used it with 2 other guitars i have with a JMP-1. It can be labeled as HardRock i believe, anyway, hope you enjoy!

If enough historic reissues are made in a year (all models) then the serials get longer by a digit and the space is taken up. No cause for concern.

Yes, thank you for your reply! I confirmed about it, the guitar is not a counterfeit and it is a 2003 Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Reissue model in Washed Cherry gloss finish. Thanks for the help!

Hope you all have a nice day and Rock on!

• 1 month later...

Yes, thank you for your reply! I confirmed about it, the guitar is not a counterfeit and it is a 2003 Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Reissue model in Washed Cherry gloss finish. Thanks for the help!

Has that got a braz board?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good deal

Archived