Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Firebird & cord

slk

Ok guys I have a question about cord selection. I have an original 1964 Firebird with the cord hole on the face of the guitar. Is it a mater of preference what type of cord to use on these?? Like one with a right angle or just a straight one. Is anyone better for function????

Thanks

Steve

I use right angle cables on guitars that have the input jack on the front.

The wood holding the jack is thin and a straight plug can create stress due to leverage, if you use a straight plug and step on the chord you may end up creaking the wood,

I am looking at a brand called Musicians Gear, and a Fender cable. I want one of those braided cables. I am thinking a Fender cable may be a better choice. They are only about 5 bucks more.

Any suggestions????

Steve

I am looking at a brand called Musicians Gear, and a Fender cable. I want one of those braided cables. I am thinking a Fender cable may be a better choice. They are only about 5 bucks more.

Any suggestions????

Steve

I've been using one of the Fender braided ones for the last couple of years, no problems but they don't work that well in a Fender Tele due to their recessed jacks. I find that odd, a Fender cord that doesn't play well with a Fender guitar. It works great on all of my Gibson guitars.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived