Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera Custom P93 buzz problem

Scriptor

Hello everyone [biggrin]

I jus buy a new Epi Riviera Custom P93 RW. It began to have a buzz on high G (sring 3 frett 12) note and high D (String 2 frett 15) when the guitar is unpluged (I can ear it too if the amp is not loud enought). The buzz seem to come somewhere between the bridge pickup and the bridge it self.

Anyone have an issue for that kind of problem?

Hello everyone [biggrin]

I jus buy a new Epi Riviera Custom P93 RW. It began to have a buzz on high G (sring 3 frett 12) note and high D (String 2 frett 15) when the guitar is unpluged (I can ear it too if the amp is not loud enought). The buzz seem to come somewhere between the bridge pickup and the bridge it self.

Anyone have an issue for that kind of problem?

it sounds like the retainer wire on your bridge saddles may be buzzing......the DIY topic on this forum would possibly have the cure.

Welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Scriptor, there is a small wire on the bridge that "retains" the saddle/intonation adjustment screws. This wire, sometimes buzzes against the screws or some other place on the bridge. It can be quite annoying indeed. I have used a small drop of lock tite stuff applied at the proper spots to keep the retention spring wire from rattling. Others may have other suggestions on how they keep this from happeningmsp_cursing.gifmsp_unsure.gif.

Archived