Gibson Brands Forums

The Epiphone LP that may as well be a Gibson

Rabs

The only thing I don't dig is the gold bits.. apart from that, that's a real purrdy geetar [thumbup]

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/epiphone_lee_malia_signature_les_paul_custom_artisan-epienlcwlgh3.asp

Epiphone Lee Malia Signature Les Paul Custom Artisan

£599.00

Epiphone Lee Malia Signature Les Paul Custom Artisan Features:

•Designed in cooperation with guitarist Lee Malia of the award winning British metalcore band 'bring me the horizon'

•Gorgeous 'Artisan' appointments with updated electronics for todays modern player

•Gibson USA P-94 pickup in the neck position for FAT single coil tone

•Custom-made Gibson USA 84T-LM in the bridge position for powerful crunch tone with amazing clarity

•Coil-tapping on bridge humbucker for a wide variety of sonic combinations

•'1959' round 'C' profile Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard

•Includes classic metal 'tulip' tuners and epiphone straplocks

N_031114C41_zpsb75b66d5.jpg

epiphone-lee-malia-les-paul-custom-artisan-21_zps8ef98729.jpg

epiphone-lee-malia-les-paul-custom-artisan-31_zps309d7b8e.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love to see the full spec sheet on that one !

Found this vid

and this

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/epiphone-lee-malia-signature-les-paul-custom-artisan-electric-guitar

Manufacturer - Epiphone

Model - Lee Malia Signature Les Paul Custom Artisan Electric Guitar

Neck Material - Mahogany

Fingerboard Material - Rosewood

Pickup Configuration - HS

Bridge - Hard Tail

No. of Frets - 22

Pickguard - Black

Active/Passive - Passive

Tuners -Grover Rotomatic Die-Cast

Pickups Neck: Gibson USA P-94

Bridge: Custom-made Gibson USA 84T-LM

Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup,

Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups,

Position 3. Neck Pickup

Finish - Natural

Included Accessories - Epiphone StrapLocks

Quite nice tribute to the legendary Gibson Les Paul Artisan, with some special features in the package. [thumbup]

Yes Cap, I do agree; the original Artisan was one of the finest Norlin gibsons but try finding one now (I've looked)...they are invariably in excess of £2k (GBP) and usually modded or hacked about.

So I wouldn't mind one of these at all! It is £600.

I find it very interesting that Epiphone and Squier are now 'where' Gibson and Fender were in the 60s, price-wise, although it is a far bigger and so totally different market now.

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Loved the Artisan's from the first time I saw one shop in the late 80's when I bought my first custom, it was like $400 more than the custom I bought (still own and love it) which was more than I could afford at the time. Since the Artisan ain't any cheaper these days this could be the way to go, just have to convince that wife that I need "just one more".

Hello!

It`s indeed a beauty. I always loved the original 3PU Artisan...

...but I wonder, why they don`t mention body material? :-k

Cheers... Bence

Its the real deal ;)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_lee_malia_signature_les_paul.htm

"mahogany body, 1959 round C profile mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, scale 628mm"

I wonder what type of finish is on there though, poly or nitro?

• 4 weeks later...

FYI what I found out is --- Japan and Europe have known about this guitar for a while and per a Gibson sales rep (that my local G.C. talked to) stated those areas have placed MULTIPLE pre-realease orders! The Gibson rep stated this guitar is a limited production run item and sold on a FIRST come/first order basis - all pre-release orders from Japan and Europe will be filled before any are released to the USA. I ordered one and pre paid it in full and was told delivery around the end of the year " if any are available". If ya want one you better go for it NOW. The sales rep also stated advance orders from the USA were super LOW _ I wonder why ------Eddy

FYI what I found out is --- Japan and Europe have known about this guitar for a while and per a Gibson sales rep (that my local G.C. talked to) stated those areas have placed MULTIPLE pre-realease orders! The Gibson rep stated this guitar is a limited production run item and sold on a FIRST come/first order basis - all pre-release orders from Japan and Europe will be filled before any are released to the USA. I ordered one and pre paid it in full and was told delivery around the end of the year " if any are available". If ya want one you better go for it NOW. The sales rep also stated advance orders from the USA were super LOW _ I wonder why ------Eddy

Well that's disheartening. Paying in full for a pre-order is not something I will do again anytime soon so I guess I won't get one. Thanks for the info though!

No, I never prepay. Too bad.

I hear you Searcy. Especially when they throw in the " if any are available" disclosure. That sounds like sales hype to me. I mean why have your money tied up for 3 months not knowing if you're going to get one or not. If there is one thing we know for certain - if there's a dollar to be made, Gibson will find a way to get these guitars out there for sale in the USA. :)

I've had reply's commenting on my "pre payment in full" That was my choice - I used my G.C card and purchases over a certain $$$ get free intrest free financing for a year- if I don't get the guitar or if it is not up to my standards it will be a charge back with no intrest charged to me --- FYI the Gibson rep stated G.C had not pre-ordered any of this guitar - guess mine was the first - hard to believe that eddy

some folks have commented about my in full Pre-payment on this order-- It was my choice to pay in full- my G.C. card offers no intrest for a year on on items over a certain $ - so it costs me nothing to pre pay the guitar - members in other areas of the USA are having trouble attempting to order this guitar- many G.C. stores don't even know it exists - I'm lucky my Marietta Ga. store was willing to find the guitar from Epiphone's web site ( super salesman "the Pozz" helped me) - call them - place the order and enter it in their computer system - my pre-order was the first placed by G.C. I was told

Archived