Gibson Brands Forums

cant sell a thunderbird to save my life

manny

I recently wanted to sell my Thunderbird to fund another purchase. I bought it brand new in 2011 for $1349 plus tax. They are now going for $ 2249 at the Long and McQuade chain. I tried to like this bass, but I think i may have got a dud. Anyway, I had it on Kijiji for $1000; for almost 3 months. No takers. I guess these basses dont hold there value? I have locked up the case and stored it away. I will try again next year.

I recently wanted to sell my Thunderbird to fund another purchase. I bought it brand new in 2011 for $1349 plus tax. They are now going for $ 2249 at the Long and McQuade chain. I tried to like this bass, but I think i may have got a dud. Anyway, I had it on Kijiji for $1000; for almost 3 months. No takers. I guess these basses dont hold there value? I have locked up the case and stored it away. I will try again next year.

It can take some time to sell manny. Don't give up. The last 2 basses I've sold for more than $1,000.00 took almost a year! List it here on the trading post http://forum.gibson....e-trading-post/ I sold a nice Yamaha TRB-4P here and a Les Paul Std. bass after giving up on eBay. Just keep it listed; you'll sell it eventually.

Good luck.

It seems like the tone knob doesn't do a thing lol. I like the bass but since I got a 4003, it just sits there. It does look nice next to my Firebird though.............

A bad soldering point could be the culprit. A bad pot, cap, connecting wire or pin of one of these parts are unlikely, but may happen, too.

Furthermore, two volume/one tone pot circuits have its peculiarities. Same as with the two volume/two tone 50's circuit, effect and charcteristics of the tone control strongly depend on volume pot positions. Therefore the tone pot(s) sometimes seem to "idle" or overreact. With volume pot(s) fully opened the tone control should work smoothly.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived