Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone have the chords and Lyrics to:

onewilyfool

• 5 months later...

I stumbled upon this song a bit ago and today I sat down to "tab" it out. It is actually quite simple!

Keep in mind I don't play note for note so I will just tell you the base of what he does and you can add to that.

This is a I-IV-V in G if I am not wrong. I think he might be half if not a whole step down though.

He starts with this G over Am7 chord 302010 and plays the low e then he plucks the D string (here you can do anything, f.ex. pluck D G and B string, do a strum with your fingernails or anything like that, if it sounds right it is right!) then he just alternates between plucking base and doing the strum-pluck-whatever-you-chose-thing. But he keeps changing the base which goes like this:

3 on low E, pluck, 2 on D, pluck, 3 on A, pluck, 1 on A, pluck and around again. That is the main part (on the 1 on A he might do some kind of hammer on, hammer off randomly)

When he goes into the prechorus he just alternates between a Cmaj7 (I think, X32310) and the G chord from above. do some alternate thumb picking while changing chords. Then right before the chorus riff thing he plays the Cmaj7 chord like this X32013 and whatever you do try to get the high strings in (it is kind of a message that the chords are changing, quite important all in all if you ask me.) He then goes a whole step up with the original Cmaj7 chord to a Dmaj7 on X5453X and does the same thing as between the Dmaj7 and the Amaj7 (5X453X) alternate base with picking inbetween then he goes down to Cmaj7 and the G chord as he transitions back to the main part as he says "Whoooooo's gonna love you tonight?".

I hope this helped! I made an account just to answer to this. If you read my instructions carefully as you watch the video you will get it easily!

Archived