Gibson Brands Forums

2014 wiring harness w/ push-pull pots

MediaJones

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I just recently signed up to the forum. I was wondering if there is a way to obtain a 2014 wiring harness with the push/pull pots. I have a 2008 SG that I have replaced the pups on. She is drop dead gorgeous and sounds like none other. I'm not looking to change much about my sound- as far as I am concerned it's my SG or nothing. Nevertheless, I have started to play with a project that uses a lot of effects, and my sound goes straight to the metal zone when I get into my fuzz/distortion/OD line- not an assortment of sounds I'm too fond of. I'm not willing to give up her cleans or the OD I can get with boosting the signal to the amp, but like I said, the last thing I want to do is have to play another guitar to get more versatility. I was thinking of coil tapping the humbuckers to get a similar sound that will cooperate more with my pedal line. Unfortunately, the wiring harness is a PCB type board and I can't replace just the pots. I was pretty excited to hear the 2014 line came with push/pull pots- does anyone know how to obtain one?

Thanks much!

I have replaced the pickups and they do have the capability for tapping/splitting. Like I said, this would be for use with effects, so how it sounds clean doesn't really matter- the tone/sustain would be dependent on how the effect processes it- and right now the pickups are too hot as humbuckers and go straight to metal zone. Replacing the wiring is an option, but it would cost much more and take much more effort, but if someone knows how to acquire a harness, please share!

Archived