Gibson Brands Forums

Portable Amp

TommyK

At one time there was a thread I'd posted a question on that, I think, was a DIY thread of un-ending posts. I'll be jiggered if I can find it so I'll start a thread here.

I have a hankering for a portable, battery powered amplifier of the PigNose type.

I have this bee in my bonnet that with the various un-used electronical devices I have at my disposal, I should be able to build one.

Does anyone have a electronic schematic of a simple DIY amplifier? I've seen those that are made out of cereal boxes to Altoids tins, but I've grander ambitions.

I'm thinking in the Lunch Box size, suitable for taking camping and / or work to noodle on during lunch breaks.

My starter main frame would be an old speaker box left over from a derelict shelf stereo.

If you want the ultimate in portability, perhaps try making one of these...pretty simple and sounds good for what it is. 0.5 watts and you can even add a headphone socket.

If you're good with a soldering iron and can source the components, it's a relatively cheap and very portable option...

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2012/04/noisy-cricket-mkii.html?m=1

-Ryan

Archived