Gibson Brands Forums

sonar x3 users?

AB53

• 1 month later...

I have it and have been using it more lately because I also have Reaper. I've been using Reaper for the past five years, and I had SONAR LE, which came with Boss BR recorder. At that time my PC was a single core AMD and SONAR crashed if I had more than 4 tracks running with plug-ins. I built a quad-core Intel based PC and I saw that SONAR was $29, so I got that as well.

As with any software, there can be learning curves but since I already had DAW experience with Reaper it wasn't too steep. Right now I'm just experimenting with using soft-synth plug-ins and creating ambient tunes, just to get used to the recording interface, than I'll start recording guitar tracks.

• 6 months later...

I've been using Sonar for about five years now. Been on X1 since it came out because I was running XPPro until recently. Now I'm on W7 Pro 64-bit And will probably move up soon.

Started on Cubase and know my way around Pro tools. Sonar is great.

I used Cakewalk Pro8 ('99) thru Sonar 8.5 until 2/3 of years ago. I went the Reaper route for a couple of years and picked Sonar back up last year at X3e. I went ahead with Platinum when it came out this year. It has evolved into a very stable DAW on Win8.1x64 for me. I really like Reaper as well, but the newer Sonar UI just works for me really well. Especially when I undock the multidock and throw it on the second display.

Archived