Gibson Brands Forums

How Looks a guitar?

Lina

Hello Lina, and welcome to this nice place. [thumbup]

The term "vintage" may appear unclear sometimes. If not about wine where it comes from etymologicly, it can mean simply "year of build" or, as used by experts, more specifically "of a minimum age" combined with certain design and build features of the time.

Since Gibson made many different models every year since decades, there is not a single "guitar of the year" at all. In case you refer to a certain year of build, you also will have to refer to a particular model, and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Hello Lina, and welcome to this nice place. [thumbup]

The term "vintage" may appear unclear sometimes. If not about wine where it comes from etymologicly, it can mean simply "year of build" or, as used by experts, more specifically "of a minimum age" combined with certain design and build features of the time.

Since Gibson made many different models every year since decades, there is not a single "guitar of the year" at all. In case you refer to a certain year of build, you also will have to refer to a particular model, and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

thanks [rolleyes]

What in the hell are you talking about? I am not sure that is even a proper sentence.

I was offered a bass guitar "Gibson 1995". But I dont know how it looks. A man doesnt know the model of the guitar and cannot send a photo to me.

I want to know what form of guitar.(les paul, thunderbird and etc.)

I was offered a bass guitar "Gibson 1995". But I dont know how it looks. A man doesnt know the model of the guitar and cannot send a photo to me.

I want to know what form of guitar.(les paul, thunderbird and etc.)

Well, it basically could be a Les Paul, Thunderbird, or SG bass in my opinion. If it's a 1995 Gibson USA bass, the serial number should look like 9DDD5NNN with DDD being the day of the year and NNN the production number ranking. Knowing about the entire serial number could be helpful but won't tell anything about being real or fake.

Custom Shop serial number decoding is more complex, but I think it's probably about a Gibson USA bass.

Archived