Gibson Brands Forums

1980 Block Inlay Flying V

nazarethfan

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been a Gibson Flying V player and collector now for 6 years. I have owned and played more Flying V's than I can even remember in the last 6 years. My favorite is my 1978 all original, one owner Flying V.

I was lucky enough to come across and purchase a 1980 Gobson Block Inlay Flying V from the secon owner who purchased II in 1981. I even have the original receipt. The guitar has been modded about 30 years ago. It has Dimarzio pickups and it has a professional installed Gibson/Kahler style tremolo. I know this hurts the value of the guitar, but it plays soooo sweet!

The frets are original and it has been played throughout the years.

Does anybody out there know much about these guitars? Value? Rarity? I only know what I have read in books about them. I thought I would ask the professionals on this forum. Thank you for any info possible.

I will try to post pictures, I am new to this so I will see what I can do.

Thank you.post-67101-015651500 1408971234_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad spelling and low quality picture. I will post more soon.

The tremolo on the guitar is not the original one that was on the guitar. When I bought the guitar, the previous owner gave me the original gold Gibson tremolo and string lock. He swapped it out because the gold was pitting.

Archived