Gibson Brands Forums

N.P.D and another on the way

Guitar God

Picked me up a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station today. A friend of mine was wanting to sell it or trade it, since he hardly ever used it and I wanted it badly because Looper's are really cool pedals. Been wanting it from him for awhile couldn't pass it up when he decided to sell or trade it. Got it from him for $70. Glad I got it. Also got another really awesome pedal coming from Musician's Friend. It's an Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine and makes your guitar sound like an organ. Just watch the videos on it. That thing is amazing. In my opinion, I think it's the coolest and probably the best thing to hit the pedal market in a long time. Should be here tomorrow, so I'll post a topic on here on it and how I like it and all that. Anyway, here's BOSS RC-3 Looper I got today:

b1WxUlX.jpg

I just ordered my B9 from Sweetwater.

I already have the Boss Leslie emulator and it's kinda close, but no cigar for when I wanna sound like a B3 with another picker or two doing blues.

We'll see.

Anyway, I plan to use mine with a volume pedal too...

Trying to figure whether to put the volume pedal in front of or after the B9. It'll be fun to play with.

m

I just ordered my B9 from Sweetwater.

I already have the Boss Leslie emulator and it's kinda close, but no cigar for when I wanna sound like a B3 with another picker or two doing blues.

We'll see.

Anyway, I plan to use mine with a volume pedal too...

Trying to figure whether to put the volume pedal in front of or after the B9. It'll be fun to play with.

m

Definitely put the volume pedal after. Putting it before would compromise the accuracy of it's tracking. But it shouldn't take you that long to figure out how to set up/play to get the best tracking and effect

Obviously half of the equation is just how you play. If you're bending and sliding and using vibrato, you won't sound like a keyboard

Here's how I'll use it - which will be pretty much the same way I used the Boss Leslie emulator.

It's frankly not thinking about technique - I've been fingerpicking well over 50 years - but rather thinking about sounding like a B3 part in various songs, up to now usually with an other picker doing blues type stuff. No bending strings.

My thought simply is that it's likely this pedal will sound more like the B3 than I get out of the Boss. Also the volume pedal adds "stuff" done by a couple of B3 players who used the pedal quite a bit in some material and not much in others.

m

Archived