Gibson Brands Forums

Origin Effects

Californiaman

That Slide Rig sounds great. Never understood how Lowell George got such sustain from a clean slide sound. Now I know - two compressors. Makes sense. [thumbup]

Some of the Slide Rig demos I've seen are very good.

I would love to have either or both of them.

Great sustain from both.

The ES-335 parts in the Cali76 demo are killer!

Pete Thorn's new studio is super cool.

Look at all his gear. I'm sure there's more demos out there featuring all kind of cool guitar stuff.

The amps tucked away on the shelves are top-knotch. Friedman, Kelley, Fender Baseman, Suhr.

I listened to the slide stuff and agree with Pete, "This thing actually makes me want to go and practice it sounds so fantastic..."

Pete Thorn's new studio is super cool.

Look at all his gear. I'm sure there's more demos out there featuring all kind of cool guitar stuff.

The amps tucked away on the shelves are top-knotch. Friedman, Kelley, Fender Baseman, Suhr.

I listened to the slide stuff and agree with Pete, "This thing actually makes me want to go and practice it sounds so fantastic..."

Been a subscriber to Pete's Youtube channel for over a year. The guy makes, in my opinion, the best gear demonstrations, period. Just the right amount of talking, uses lots of different guitars and amps to showcase the pedal, shows "real world applications" rather than just "turn this knob all the way down...now middle..now all the way up...", and his playing is phenomenal. He also writes a song for every piece of gear he demos, which you hear at the beginning of each video. That takes skill.

-Ryan

Been a subscriber to Pete's Youtube channel for over a year. The guy makes, in my opinion, the best gear demonstrations, period. Just the right amount of talking, uses lots of different guitars and amps to showcase the pedal, shows "real world applications" rather than just "turn this knob all the way down...now middle..now all the way up...", and his playing is phenomenal. He also writes a song for every piece of gear he demos, which you hear at the beginning of each video. That takes skill.

-Ryan

Yes, I agree, very good demos. I think I first noticed with his Carl Martin pedal demos.

I think I even saw a Friedman Browneye demo once.

He's good and very blessed to be doing what he's doing.

Archived