Gibson Brands Forums

Reverb Anyone?

Californiaman

What a great amp,it brings out the glassiness and quack of a Strat better than most amps I have heard in a long time.The old late '60s Marshall 1959 plexis with the 100W 1960 cabinets were about the best for that and this amp comes really close.

Nice amp!

I was smitten with an Allen Brown Sugar from Allen Amplification boutique amp too, but I don't believe it has the kind of legacy behind it as this does...

I've been a bit of a Pete Thorn fan for a little bit now. What I like about his is how down-to-earth and real he seems to be. Totally unassuming... It's a hard quality to come by and I think he seems to embody that ideal...

Very easy to listen to and learn from!

There are many boutique amps worth falling in love with, just look over Pete's shoulder at his shelf unit if you wanna choose one...

It only takes $$...

We have a local boutique amp builder in St. John's Newfoundland,Canada.His name is Rick Harbin and he is probably one of the best authorities on Marshall amps in North America,his house is filled with vintage models and he has done incredible mods to some amps.Rick took my old '71 Artiste which shares the Bluesbreaker cabinet but was notorious for having too "Clean" a tone-Roy Orbison used one and modded it to sound like a JCM 800,2204.He now has an amp desigo that can go from the exact tone of a '59 Fender Bassman to the raunch of a master volume JCM 800 with the flick of a switch,it's one of the most incredible amps that I've heard,bar none and that's including Dumbles,Trainwreck etc.

Archived