Gibson Brands Forums

Help Dating a Gibson ES-335

Oliade677

Need some help id'ing this Gibson ES-335. The serial number is not legible on the orange label located through the F hole. I didn't check to see if there was a FON number inside the body, though I do not believe this guitar is old enough to have one. The headstock is busted, pretty severely to boot. The inlays appear to be a little different than the standard mother of pearl, having an almost gray/silver/blue tint to them. The body appears to be in very good shape with no major issues. I was not able to inspect the pickups or electronics.

4lFY8a.jpg

MxcrzU.jpg

Q0noCg.jpg

rxbYjI.jpg

No. Under 200? Yeah probably. It's a pair of old pickups and a switch and some pots. There isn't a lot of there there, to me.

They are not PAFs, because the first shop that looked at it would have given the original neck breaker a decent amount for their "junked" guitar and took them out post haste. Quick like. Immediately.

But that is just me. Someone will be along any moment now with different experience.

rct

I decided to pick this up for $400. The pickups are mid-70's patent number humbuckers. The bridge is an original tune-o-matic. Pots appear to be 60's CTS pots. It's a thin neck ES though, with a 1 9/16" nut. Gonna drop it off with my luthier this Friday. I'll be sure to post pics once it's all fixed up.

Archived