Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsons and Cars

IanHenry

Seeing the P51 there reminds me of the time I saw a Chevy Camaro advertisement on TV. The guy in the commercial gets out of his P51, looking all cool with his silk scarf and leather jacket. He walks over and gets into his Camaro and drives away. I was like "Do these dummies know that the cool plane they're trying to glom onto is called a Mustang? I guarantee you they'll never run that ad again." Sure enough, I never saw that ad again. [biggrin]

Seeing the P51 there reminds me of the time I saw a Chevy Camaro advertisement on TV. The guy in the commercial gets out of his P51, looking all cool with his silk scarf and leather jacket. He walks over and gets into his Camaro and drives away. I was like "Do these dummies know that the cool plane they're trying to glom onto is called a Mustang? I guarantee you they'll never run that ad again." Sure enough, I never saw that ad again. [biggrin]

[biggrin] Great one, Badbluesplayer!

Cheers... Bence

I can recall a trip to the Petersen Auto Museum in LA a decade or so ago, and the feature was "cars and guitars". They had stuff owned (and on loan) from the likes of Billy Gibbons, Elvis, et al. Quite impressive.

Archived