Gibson Brands Forums

Dr-500P Masterbilt

Nyghthawk

I found a DR-500P on Dallas CL last night for $375. I have just been reading forum entries about members paying about twice that. Just an FYI.

I have a DR-500mce I dearly love. Would love to have this one, but It'll be Feb. 2015 when the Income tax return comes in before I can indulge in GAS.

I found a DR-500P on Dallas CL last night for $375. I have just been reading forum entries about members paying about twice that. Just an FYI.

I have a DR-500mce I dearly love. Would love to have this one, but It'll be Feb. 2015 when the Income tax return comes in before I can indulge in GAS.

Yes, it was me. I paid $700 (and worth every penny). They don't come up for sale often.

@Dennis No they don't come up often. I've been watching ebay and CL (aound the East Texas area) for nearly a year. This is only the third one I've seen. That's the reason I posted the info. Love that blond look and the fabulous volume from these!

@Dennis No they don't come up often. I've been watching ebay and CL (aound the East Texas area) for nearly a year. This is only the third one I've seen. That's the reason I posted the info. Love that blond look and the fabulous volume from these!

As happy as I am with it, the DR 500MCE (in gloss finish) is still my favorite.

I'd love to get one. It has been a toss up in my mind between that and the Aj-500R. Unfortunately there is no way to AB the two since they are out of production. The AJ-500R is easier to find. The maple appeals to my eyes. I've never played either, only heard youtube videos. It is hard to tell anything about the guitar from a video.

Archived