Gibson Brands Forums

We knew it was coming...

AnneS

Less than a week ago when I couldn't sleep, I wrote some lyrics without my guitar in hand and had only a sense of what its rhythm/feel might be. I've never done it this way before.

Nothing happened for the next day or two. And then I got a new guitar, and one thing led to another....

Nothing too fancy here; you can tell we're just starting to get to know each other. (Feels like dating...I like where it's going, but I don't want to rush things. [tongue])

After the Wheel

Thanks, all...

Anne

I'd give it back. sounds rubbish

kidding!

post what strings / plectrum / bridge pins / shoe style because folk have been bumming about how to get this sound for eons.

turns out you just buy a nice guitar and play it may be ?

sounds great anne

Very nice. Your music is the perfect match for the pure, the fundamental tone of the J-45. Topical lyrics strike their mark, with the change of the season. Thanks for sharing.

Did you try this yet with a capo? You're in for a treat.

You have crickets in your backyard? I have coyotes, mountain lions, bears, moose, elk, and three rather paranoid cats.[biggrin] That J-45 sounds really good right out of the chute. +1 on the song topic - sounds like the muse found you that night. Keep 'em coming ! [thumbup]

Thank ye, folks.... Yep, I am surely loving the new guitar. Perfectly suited to me, my tastes, etc. It's just what I needed at this bend in the road.

No, I've never named my guitars. Or my cars. Or much else, really. (Just ask my kids, Girl 1 and Girl 2.) 😋

And I have been playing around with a capo (actually, THE capo- formerly belonging to Buc); in fact, the song you heard was capo'd- first fret. I'm liking the sound of this guitar all the way around.

Plugged it in last night at the open mic, direct to the PA. I am a fan of the Anthem at this point. Although I get a fine sound from the J100 plugged in (fishman ust thru a Baggs para DI), I could see putting a different sytem in the J100 down the road.

Gettin' greedy, I am....

Again, thanks for listening and for sharing in the excitement.

(Maybe later I'll take some pictures of my guitars in precarious places, try to make bbg even more nervous about the vagaries of potential energy...)

Sounds good, crisp, sweet, slightly smokey, , , and as if you two already are pretty close.

I know you want to demonstrate the newbie here, and therefore pulls the vox a bit back in the mix, but could you set up the text (of course after copywriting it).

Your poet always have something to tell. .

Sure thing... Here ya go!

After the Wheel

Anne Stieber © 2014

Sun goes down, night falls hard

Scaring up the crickets in my backyard

Street lamp throwing shadows down the wall

Cars roll by, birds take flight

People cooking dinner by the TV light

Still summer, but it's beginning to feel like fall

The dog's been out, the kid’s in bed

Thinking of some things I might have said

One more glass of wine to help me sleep