Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Perry Boneyard value

LMDAVE

I bought my Joe Perry Epi Boneyard the year it came out in 2004. Beautiful guitar, and with the stock USA Gibson Burstbuster pickups and the extra details they put into it, I always considered this one an awesome Epi that would match a Gibson LP. I have many guitars and I'm more of a collector lately than a player, so this doesn't have much play on it, pretty MINT. I was hoping this guitar had some collector value added since it was discontinued, I was curious of about the chances of getting what I paid for it back then, $800. I'm surprised to see past auctions of this guitar only fetching about $500. I may need to offload this one, but I'll keep it if thats the case. Too nice of a guitar to let go of that cheap.

409956804.jpg

I bought my Joe Perry Epi Boneyard the year it came out in 2004. Beautiful guitar, and with the stock USA Gibson Burstbuster pickups and the extra details they put into it, I always considered this one an awesome Epi that would match a Gibson LP. I have many guitars and I'm more of a collector lately than a player, so this doesn't have much play on it, pretty MINT. I was hoping this guitar had some collector value added since it was discontinued, I was curious of about the chances of getting what I paid for it back then, $800. I'm surprised to see past auctions of this guitar only fetching about $500. I may need to offload this one, but I'll keep it if thats the case. Too nice of a guitar to let go of that cheap.

409956804.jpg

I'd say that if they are fetching $500 then that's about what you'd get for it. Unless you find a huge Joe Perry fan that will pay what you're asking. it's pretty rare that you get what you pay for these days. I've always been of the opinion that something's only worth what someone will give you for it. Good luck!

I'd say that if they are fetching $500 then that's about what you'd get for it. Unless you find a huge Joe Perry fan that will pay what you're asking. it's pretty rare that you get what you pay for these days. I've always been of the opinion that something's only worth what someone will give you for it. Good luck!

Yeah, I agree there that the market sets the price, just amazed this nice model dropped that much value.

The highest prices paid for that model on Ebay last month (there were two of them) was $650, including shipping. Yours, being in excellent condition like those, could bring that price. You could also put a higher price on it and wait until the time when maybe yours is the nicest one available and someone really wants one enough to pay that price.

409956804.jpg

Most Epis, aside from vintage or some Elitist models rarely appreciate in value. Most will go for below the original price. There is no real collectibility for modern day, mass produced guitars, Gibson and many others included.

Archived