Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Self Assembly

BluesKing777

Get that J45 cheap.....

'Some assembly required'

Back a few chapters.......my pushbike needs quite a few repairs and the last local guy I went to was mad as a hatter, so I have been looking out for a bike repair guy.

My current bike came (a few years back!) in one piece ready to ride with bell, light, reflectors, mudguards....

NOW...

It is cheaper to buy approx. 5 new bikes for the cost of getting a wheel fixed and a chain repaired....EXCEPT....even the real expensive ones don't come with mudguards and in very fine print down the bottom of the ads is the horror.......'some assembly required'.....

No mudguards?

So back to the J45 with 'assembly required'. No strings? Neck to go on? Etc?

Oh no... Flat pack guitar....

BluesKing777.

Get that J45 cheap.....

'Some assembly required'

Back a few chapters.......my pushbike needs quite a few repairs and the last local guy I went to was mad as a hatter, so I have been looking out for a bike repair guy.

My current bike came (a few years back!) in one piece ready to ride with bell, light, reflectors, mudguards....

NOW...

It is cheaper to buy approx. 5 new bikes for the cost of getting a wheel fixed and a chain repaired....EXCEPT....even the real expensive ones don't come with mudguards and in very fine print down the bottom of the ads is the horror.......'some assembly required'.....

No mudguards?

So back to the J45 with 'assembly required'. No strings? Neck to go on? Etc?

Oh no... Flat pack guitar....

BluesKing777.

I don't know if it's still possible but at one point in time Martin sold a kit guitar. All parts were included as well as a pretty easy to read set of instructions.

Bozeman is bicycle country and there are many repair shops that do work reasonably. Lots of mountain bikes and street cruisers. The town has many bike designated riding lanes and the mountain trails go from beginner to expert. If you come to the "the Homecoming" I will be happy to ride with you.

Sorry pushbike links - no Gibsons.

These will rock you.

Well, I have just been told that the world has shuffled along in the biking area since I bought my beloved 'deadly treadly'.... I have honestly never seen some of these, but I have seen some pretty monstrous road racer types go past on the beach highway.....

3 wild new bike types:

The 'Fixie' with no gears (imagine that?) my first bike....and lots of style - check some of these:

http://justrideit.com.au/bikes

The 'Beach Cruiser' with groovy leather handgrips and leather seat for cruising the beach fronts...pretty cool:

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/usa/bikes/cruisers/classic-deluxe-12

If you want to take the guitar and amp, you need a "Cargo Bike":

http://www.cargobike.co.uk/Products/Cargo-Bikes/lugger.html

Though my old treadley has never been pinched and I don't like the chances of leaving these newbies out the front of the shop!

BluesKing777.

Archived