Gibson Brands Forums

My New Jason Hook M-4 Sherman

Jack ZZ

Hi, everyone. I just got my first Gibson guitar from ebay, it's a Jason Hook M-4 Sherman Explorer. But this piece has small cracks in the position as shown in those photos. [unsure] And I'm not sure if this is so called finish checking or broken neck. So, I want you guys give me your ideas or experiences. Thanx.

post-67245-046116800 1409319894_thumb.jpg

post-67245-063953800 1409319943_thumb.jpg

post-67245-016750500 1409320071_thumb.jpg

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but, if it was me, I would return it. Appears to be from what I can tell, a stress crack. May or may not get worse. If this was sold to you without disclosing the condition definitely return it. Could have happened during shipping. Definitely contact the seller asap. Just my two cents, good luck!!

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but, if it was me, I would return it. Appears to be from what I can tell, a stress crack. May or may not get worse. If this was sold to you without disclosing the condition definitely return it. Could have happened during shipping. Definitely contact the seller asap. Just my two cents, good luck!!

Thank you, I think your opinion is true. And if it get worse depend on the condition of the wood underneath the finish, I guess, right?

Archived