Gibson Brands Forums

It happened again today when I was playing at the cafe…...

onewilyfool

It happened again today when I was playing at the cafe……A pretty woman was smiling at me, enjoying the music……and every time I locked eyes with her……I screwed up my playing or singing…..lol…..I just can't get over this hump….lol…..so I look away, looks down at my guitar like I'm watching my fingering….blush….lol……Any advice????

When you lose concentration on your playing....Try imagining the pretty woman's name is Holly! ....

Holly came from Miami, FLA.... Hitchhiked her way across the USA.... Plucked her eyebrows on the way.... Shaved her legs and then he was a she... She says.... Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side..... Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side..... Candy came from out on the island.... In the backroom she was everybody's darling....But she never lost her head.....Even when she was giving head.....She says Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side..... Said hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side.... And the colored girls go.... Do do-do do-do do-do-do-do Do do-do do-do do-do-do-do Dooo...

Maybe try this in stages. An introverted guitar player such as your fine self can become more extroverted by first trying to stare down at the lady's shoes whilst playing. Instead of your own.

If that goes okay, you can gradually work your way up.

😜

Pardon, Wily - but you really ARE a fool. . .

,-)

[biggrin] Bad how a woman's smile can make us fools, can't it? I guess presence of the wife would only help against locking eyes but not against fouling up performance. [rolleyes]

It happened again today when I was playing at the cafe……A pretty woman was smiling at me, enjoying the music……and every time I locked eyes with her……I screwed up my playing or singing…..lol…..I just can't get over this hump….lol…..so I look away, looks down at my guitar like I'm watching my fingering….blush….lol……Any advice????

Two things.

1) Don't look her in the eyes... look, um, elsewhere...

2) Don't wear any rings, especially wedding bands... let 'em wonder...helps with the balance of your fretting hand too... that's my excuse, and I'm stickin' with it !

Aha!

The old 'smiling assassin' employed by lawyer/bounty hunter/old enemies/Taylor players and a long list.........? [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Maybe try this in stages. An introverted guitar player such as your fine self can become more extroverted by first trying to stare down at the lady's shoes whilst playing. Instead of your own.

If that goes okay, you can gradually work your way up.

😜

Anne…where do you suggest I stop my eyes on the way up?

Archived