Gibson Brands Forums

Robben Ford

badbluesplayer

Robben Ford has had a definite impact on me. His "Talk To Your Daughter" album had just come out during my hey day and I bought it immediately (on cassette) and often listened to it while I drifted off to sleep...

And that Fender Esprit guitar that later became his Fender Robben Ford signature guitar may actually be one of the influences on me that turned me in a direction toward Gibson guitars. With it's non-typical design; a 2-humbucker solid body guitar by Fender it was clearly an attempt by Fender to tap into the Les Paul guitar market and can even be confused for a double-cut Les Paul under certain circumstances...

I still find it a piquant model and wouldn't mind trying a Fender Esprit/Robben Ford signature model...

13033__587xfloat=none_Fender-robben-ford-1993-cons-full-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuinLeeLL8

He's a phenom talent for sure!

IanHenry, if you haven't heard of him before, dig in and surf his vids. You'll not be disappointed!!!

Robben Ford has had a definite impact on me. His "Talk To Your Daughter" album had just come out during my hey day and I bought it immediately (on cassette) and often listened to it while I drifted off to sleep...

And that Fender Esprit guitar that later became his Fender Robben Ford signature guitar may actually be one of the influences on me that turned me in a direction toward Gibson guitars. With it's non-typical design; a 2-humbucker solid body guitar by Fender it was clearly an attempt by Fender to tap into the Les Paul guitar market and can even be confused for a double-cut Les Paul under certain circumstances...

I still find it a piquant model and wouldn't mind trying a Fender Esprit/Robben Ford signature model...

13033__587xfloat=none_Fender-robben-ford-1993-cons-full-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuinLeeLL8

He's a phenom talent for sure!

If you haven't heard of him before, dig in and surf his vids. You'll not be disappointed!!!

I saw Robben Ford and Joe Bonamassa on the same bill several years ago. It was amazing. I remember asking a friend, "Robben Ford has to follow this guy?"

His performance was great in it's own right. Very talented.

I would love to play one of his signature guitars from Fender. I saw a seafoam green won with P-90s once on Ebay. If that guitar played anything like it looked I'm sure it was a tone-machine.

Here's one just like it.

Seafoam Green with P-90s.

Archived