Gibson Brands Forums

A little feedback

BobF_

I hate rollover popups. Getting my mouse from one side of the forum window to the other pops stuff up all over the place. Yes, forum related stuff. No, not pRon.

Is there an account setting I can change that will make these require a click to open?

Same here. I feel annoyed when they just hide the area I want to view or click into. dry.gif

Exactly! They may save having to click to see what they reveal, but then they're in the way and you have to click to get rid of them.

Not sure if it will work for you, Bob (and Cap) but I have Adblock Plus installed - it's free to download.

Using Firefox as a search engine there is a control tab (usually extreme top-left corner) where there is a dialogue box to control add-ons, plug-ins and extensions.

With Adblock Plus activated - and a check to make sure nothing has wormed itself into 'allow' (there usually is) - I get absolutely no ads whatsoever on any site I visit.

P.

Not sure if it will work for you, Bob (and Cap) but I have Adblock Plus installed - it's free to download.

Using Firefox as a search engine there is a control tab (usually extreme top-left corner) where there is a dialogue box to control add-ons, plug-ins and extensions.

With Adblock Plus activated - and a check to make sure nothing has wormed itself into 'allow' (there usually is) - I get absolutely no ads whatsoever on any site I visit.

P.

These aren't ads. They are post summaries that pop up in windows as you move the mouse around

For regular popups (and unders) I use the in-built blocker in Firefox. Works great!

These aren't ads. They are post summaries that pop up in windows as you move the mouse around...

Ah, I misunderstood, Bob. Apologies!

Oddly enough I only normally get one pop-up - the topic preview immediately to the left of the 'Started By' column.

What other pop-ups am I missing!?!? Anything worthwhile?...

P.

Ah, I misunderstood, Bob. Apologies!

Oddly enough I only normally get one pop-up - the topic preview immediately to the left of the 'Started By' column.

What other pop-ups am I missing!?!? Anything worthwhile?...

P.

No worries ...

That's the same one I think. Nope, not worthwhile at all for me :)

Darn things are apparently right in my favored navigation lane.

Archived